Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ancestry.com assist (have image from library - but not the date!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry.com assist (have image from library - but not the date!)

Hello

Would someone be kind enough to get me the actual date. I snaffled the image when up at the library this afternoon, but didn't spot that there wasn't a date on the document anywhere! :emb:

Immigration June 1919 from Toronto to Detroit:
    Howell DAVIES, 28 (with new wife, May, 26). Both born Wales.

I've noted (in the filename) that it was in June 1919, and it must have been in the range 23-30 June, because they were getting married in Toronto only on 23rd!

thanks
    Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

I've found a Howell Davies with May Davies arriving in Detroit Jan 24 1920 - appreciate this is out of your date range but worth a thought ??

Comment

Originally posted by champagnegal View Post
      I've found a Howell Davies with May Davies arriving in Detroit Jan 24 1920 - appreciate this is out of your date range but worth a thought ??
      Thanks - perhaps I misread what I was looking at - trying to cram in a lot into 60 minutes!

must dash off to a rehearsal

Christine
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I've just had a final look as I was shutting down the files... I have called the file "1920Jan DaviesH&M immig". That seems pretty clear. I have no idea why I thought it said June 1919 - unless I was reading the marriage filename and getting mixed up that way.

So thank you - 24 Jan 1920 is the date I needed.

Christine

Comment

Working...
        X