Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• outlook express blank page

Hi
    does anyone know why outlook express 6 has suddenly started opening with a blank page and we can't see any emails at all?

This began out of the blue yesterday and I wondered if anyone else had had this problem and if anyone knows how to rectify it??

Thanks for looking
    Liz
    my avatar is Emily Varndell Andrews,my paternal grandmother born 1891

Not sure that I can help you. While browsing through a magazine in the newsagents on Monday 8th February I read an article about MS and that they were no longer supporting Out Look Express 6.
    ( Must be past it's Sell by Date).
    Margaret N
    DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Thanks Margaret for the reply
      I wonder then if other people have also got a blank outlook express page or is it just me?? When I click on anything it just stays blank but also I haven't got the options menu at all for sent messages,deleted etc which I think was on the left? The odd thing is that at the top of the blank page is a search bar for " web" or "orange" then "google".We never had that on outlook before. Are the emails hiding there somewhere and if they are how can I find them???
      The bar at the bottom left says 12 unread emails. I know I can read them on the server but what's happened to outlook???I hope someone can help?!

Comment

have you tried going to Start on the bottom left then computer then uninstall programmes ,and clicking on outlook express then repair it ??? might be worth a try
        or there is this

Download Outlook Express 6.0 - E-mail program that is fully integrated with your OS. It has support for News Groups, LDAP, POP3, IMAP , SMTP and Hotmail e-mail service

Comment

I have no experience of this problem - but by googling have found a Microsoft Support article which may be of use
          http://support.microsoft.com/kb/246396
          Elaine

Comment

Thankyou Val and Elaine

I asked son in law if he could come and help and he said somehow( ! )the start up page settings had changed but no idea why or how!!(it wasn't me) He went into "view" at top left and he was able to restore opening page to inbox,clicked so many things I don't think I can remember what he did. Now all I need to worry about is why it changed to blank page in the first place!!!
            Will keep both your links just in case of further problems!

Many thanks again for your help

Liz

Comment

good its working again, sons do have some good points.

Comment

Working...
              X