Looking for Pooley on 1891 and 1901 census

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Pooley on 1891 and 1901 census

Just let Ancestry account lapse, now suddeny have a branch to add twigs to.

Thomas William Pooley, was born 1882 in bethnal Green district.
    I have him with family on 1911 (via find my past), but do not have access to other census's any more.
    Can anyone look him up and possibly help back track parents etc?

Thanks
    trev

Researching:
    FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

The LMA records suggest that there was a Thomas Matthew POOLEY baptised 19 Mar 1882 in Bethnal Green, s/o Edward and Mary Ann. Is he likely to ba at all relevant? - or just to increase the risk of confusion?

FMP does have all the other censuses?

Or you could use your Herts library membership to get access to Ancestry.com next time you go to the Library? I tend to collect up a set of things I want and then look them up when I eventually get there. You do usually have to book your 45 mins session.

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Hi Christine
      That's the person, I have found his birth on BMD as Thomas matthews pooley. He named his first son Thomas matthews Pooley as well, but he died at birth (BMD source).

My FMP membership is for 1911 census only, as I had Ancestry, which only expired on Sunday.
      It's my cousin in Florida who asked me to look into his maternal line for him.

Regards
      Trev

Researching:
      FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

If you have a Herts library card, it might be worth using that. You have to book, but you can book when you arrive, if it's not a busy time. You can take a flash drive (or whatever) and copy whatever you want onto it to take home.

ANd don't forget that your Herts library card also gives you access (at home) to the online resources such as Times Digital Archive and the C19th British Newspaper Collection.

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thanks Christine,
          Using the lead that you passed me, I have found BMD, IGI and 1881 census information that now has taken me back to 1825.
          Thomas William was the son of Edward Pooley and Mary Ann Turner
          Edward was the son of Harry Pooley and Mary Ann Mardle
          Harry was the son of Edward Pooley and Martha, He was baptised in St Matthews Church in Sept 1825.

Researching:

Comment

Working...
          X