Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

could someone tell me how old this picture is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• could someone tell me how old this picture is?

I was told these people were my great great grandparents, but I think this is an older picture.

looks 1880's- 1890's.

Comment

I'd say the same. Maybe at the latest 1900s, certainly before 1905, but rather 1880-1890.

Comment

thanks very much. I guess they are my great great grandparents then.

Comment

It's a strange picture though. Fancy taking a picture of two people, just putting them next to each other and then taking it from the waste up?

I'd think that a photographer would have taken a nicer composition (she on a chair, he standing; the whole of them together...).

At any rate, glad to help.

Comment

Not so strange when it has been tinkered with though, someone has had a go at editing it, though it would be nice to see the original.
            Julie
            They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

I've seen the original, and that's the way the picture was.

Comment

I didnt mean to sound rude Debbie, it wasnt intended that way, what I meant was that 'someone' had 'cleaned/edited' the pic we are now seeing, whoever has the original it is certainly not as clear as this is, I can see where whoever has smoothed the ladys face and the gentlemans moustache, this is by no means critising just observations from someone that has done such restores, as a side note, the ladys eyes were possibly a very pale 'ice blue' and they must've been VERY eye catching whenever she looked at anyone.

she reminds me of Katherine Hepburn quite alot!
                Last edited by Darksecretz; 11-02-10, 17:04.
                Julie

Comment

Are there any details on the back of the studio where the picture was taken? There are several websites where you can look up 'Victorian Photographers' and find out when/where a particular studio was operating.
                  Looking for Bysh, Potter, Littleton, Parke, Franks, Sullivan, Gosden, Carroll, Hurst, Churcher, Covell, Elverson, Giles, Hawkins, Witherden...

Comment

I will say 1890s judging by her neckline...

Comment

Originally posted by Somerset Sal View Post
                      Are there any details on the back of the studio where the picture was taken? There are several websites where you can look up 'Victorian Photographers' and find out when/where a particular studio was operating.
                      we even have this type of info in our 'new look' reference library

Julie

Comment

it remind sme of south australian photo's of my german rellies. they were born c.1840's in prussia, and they were that age in their photo's taken 1880's.

Comment

Working...
                        X