Which certificate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which certificate?

In 1949 my aunt married a widower. She was 40, he was 53. He had 3 adult children and there was no children with my aunt.

He died in 1961 when I was 14. As I never knew anything of his past, I now have a quandry as to which certificate to buy first.

I have his birth reference and think I may have found him on the 1901 census with his widowed father and brother. But as I never knew his father's name......I can't trust it.

Should I buy his birth cert to get his parents names......Or would his wedding cert be more reliable.....would it still give his fathers name, even though he was 53 when they married?

I've never purchased a marriage cert for a couple who were much older so I'm unsure.
    Jen

Researching: Brandon.London/M/cr. Tyson.France/Mcr.

I would buy the marriage certificate, .... That is the event that links him to your family.
    There just might be a cousin or someone who has a near birth registration.
    My older grooms all show the father's name on the certificate.

Comment

Thank you Gwyn, I did think that was the best bet but it helps to get confirmation from others who know better.
      Jen

Researching: Brandon.London/M/cr. Tyson.France/Mcr.

Comment

Jen, I was 50 & my husband 67 when we married but yes ofcourse fathers names & occupations are included, the certificate is identical to all certificates.
        Vivienne passed away July 2013

Comment

Working...
        X