Hull/Beverley, East Yorkshire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Record Office: Hull/Beverley, East Yorkshire

I wonder if any one could look up the death of Frank Stanley Gower born 1901 died 1950 Hull. I think he committed suicide after the death of his daughter. I wondered if his death might have been reported in the local newspaper and mention his daughters name.
    I would be very grateful for any information.

The only problem is without the date of death it's not an easy task, even knowing the quarter the death was registered it's still a 3 months of the newspapers.

I've done this myself for some of my rellies & it can take hours, sometimes for no result.
    Jay

Comment

I THINK that the BMD announcements in at least one of the Hull daily papers have been indexed. However, I'm unsure of the dates covered.
      I also think the index was at the local studies room at Hull Central library, rather than at the county record office at Beverley.
      The Hull archives were closed whilst new premises were being got ready - this may now have been completed. If so, perhaps you could e-mail and inquire about an index?

Jay
      Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

I'd happily pop in and look for info if you had the exact date of death, otherwise,like Jay says it can take probably a full day if there's no indexes. The newspaper would most likely have been the HULL DAILY MAIL which is still in production at this time.
        There's no harm in enquiring by email at the local studies library.Oh i forgot,they've moved to the new History Centre and just reopened last month.I'm sure the staff would be very happy to answer your queries.
        Here's their email address
        hullhistorycentre@hullcc.gov.uk

Comment

Thanks for the address. I have written them so I wait eagerly for a reply.

Frank Stanley Gower 1950 Hull Vol 2a Page 224

Last edited by GrandmaSilver; 09-02-10, 18:13.

Comment

Working...
          X