A beginning and an end for Florence?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A beginning and an end for Florence?

Please could you help with a distant relative?

Florence SKERRETT first shows on 1891 census in Llangeinor, Glamorgan, Wales as the daughter of Edward and Catherine.
    The family are mistranscribed as SHERRETT
    Her age indicates that she was born before the 1885 marriage of her parents, so Edward might not be her father.
    Catherine's maiden name was VAUGHAN, but I haven't been able to find a birth registration in either surname.
    Her stated birthplace of Ullingswick, Herefordshire comes under the registration district of Bromyard.

In 1901 Florence is working for Rev. Chas HARRINGTON and family in Montgomeryshire ...then what....?

Florence Skerrett born Dec quarter 1887 Kidderminster Hereford 6c 220

Comment

or Florence Gertrude Skerrett Sep 1883 6c 240 same district

Comment

Thank you for looking Val.
        I don't have the cert. but I think that one died in the same quarter.
        She probably links in somewhere though, as some of that family moved up to Kidderminster for work.

Comment

Here is the link to 1891 in Wales Florence is 9

I think I've looked at Florence Gertrude before, but I'll go back and check.
          Thank you for helping.

Comment

I think you will find the ages are hardly ever right ? they did round them up and down .

Comment

I think this mystery has been solved by members of another site.

Florence we now believe was Edward's illegitimate daughter,registered Florence WAGSTAFF and born to the servant girl living with his grandparents in 1881 census.
              Edward is also living in that household.
              A death registration suggests the mother may have died in childbirth, but at least Edward acknowledged Florence and took her in.
              Florence shows as PULLEN in 1911.
              Thank you to all who viewed and tried to help.

Comment

Working...
              X