X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Hogg

I am researching Georgina Gardner born 2 December 1836 - Gloucester England

Her Father is Samuel Gardner born Painswick Gloucester
    Her mother is I believe Elizabeth Hogg - Elizabeth is meant to be a daughter of James Hogg the Ettrick Sheppard from Scotland.

I am having trouble linking Elizabeth - I can find one Christening in Scotland but the "Family Search" site has her birth as Painswick Gloucester. I wondere if she would be one of James Hogg's Illigitamate children as the research i have done on him idicates he had up to 5 before he married.

Elizabeth appears to have died before the 1841 Censues as Samuel is listed as a Widower with his daughter Georgina with him.

I was hoping someone could tell me if there are any online records for Christenings or births in Painswick that I could check to see Georgina's mother name and possibly check when Elizabeth may have died.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheran
    Cheran

from the Familysearch site Elizabeth Hogg 13 march 1810 Closeburn Dumfries Scotland
    parents James Hogg and Margaret Beattie
    Last edited by Guest; 07-02-10, 00:56.

Comment

Georgiana Gardner born 2 Dec 1836 Christened 25 Jan 1837 Painswick Gloucester , parents
      Samuel Gardner and Elizabeth

Comment

Thanks Val

Now all I have to do is confirm Elizabeth Hogg that married Samuel Gardner 6 December 1831 and Elizabeth Hogg Baptised in Scotland are the same people.
        I found Elizabeth's Memorial inscription today in St Marys Church Painswick. She died 3 March 1839.

Do think it would be possible to get a birth certificate for Georgina or do they only start from 1837?

Cheran
        Cheran

Comment

Originally posted by cheran View Post
          Thanks Val

Now all I have to do is confirm Elizabeth Hogg that married Samuel Gardner 6 December 1831 and Elizabeth Hogg Baptised in Scotland are the same people.
          I found Elizabeth's Memorial inscription today in St Marys Church Painswick. She died 3 March 1839.

Do think it would be possible to get a birth certificate for Georgina or do they only start from 1837?

Cheran
          they start from the 3rd quarter of 1837 I think. anything before then will be in the realms of the parish records.
          Julie
          They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Hi

Is it possible to ask if there is any possiblity of some one being able to check the Parish records at St Mary's at Painswick as it seems I am reliant on any detail they may have re Elizabeth Gardner (nee Hogg).???

Her death is on the memorial transcrips and her marriage to Samuel Gardner is listed there. I wondered if the records would show her birthplace and fathers's name. James Hogg died in 1935 and I believe Elizabeth and Samuel married in 1931 so maybe he could have been a witness. Or I could confirm her date of birth.

I am not sure if this the right thread to request this or should I set up a new thread.

I would appreciate any help possible?
            Cheran

Comment

Hi - I think you post asking for a look up at St Mary's at Painswick under the Research Requests section...

Comment

I did wonder if I had the look up equest incorrect, not sure how I should have done it differently though!
                Cheran

Comment

Originally posted by cheran View Post
                  I did wonder if I had the look up equest incorrect, not sure how I should have done it differently though!
                  Yes, bit confusing...I've had that before..not sure to leave it as is or put a question somewhere else and refer to the original post....

Comment

Working...
                  X