Aaron Brown b. 1847 Kirkby in Ashfield, Nottm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaron Brown b. 1847 Kirkby in Ashfield, Nottm

Can anyone see him in the 1881 census please? I have him in 51/61/71/91/01 and he dies in 1915, he was born in Kirkby in Ashfield abt. 1847 to John & Maria Brown (nee Bailey)
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

hi Val.. yea i have seen him, just not sure though whether its a fluke, or he is mine, I know that in 1891 MY Aaron was living with his sister and bro in law Samuel Reddish, up till 1871 he was still living with his parents, Maria/John Brown in Kirkby. :D
    Julie

Comment

ooh I just deleted that as it seemed daft, what was his sisters name ?

Comment

His sister was Mary Reddish b.1850 @ Kirkby in Ashfield married to Samuel Reddish b.1844 from Mansfield (they seem to have stayed in/around kirkby area)
        Julie

Comment

What about this one Julie - age is given as 24 but could well be 34 if you look at the image - you might recognise the other names in the household

Class: RG11; Piece: 3323; Folio: 15; Page: 23;
          Elaine

Comment

Yes I can say that is him, with his younger brother and sister. I knew that both his parents had died after 1871 census, have found their death refs though there appears to be two with a years difference for John, two refs for John Browns one dying in 1877 and one in 1878.
            Julie

Comment

I saw that one last night on FMP and dismissed it doh , glad you have found it Julie

Comment

thanks Val.. I should've known better than to have NOT tried Aron as a spelling. I'm quite happy with these results though as it was only the beginning of the week when I decided i'd put the source refs in for the Brown's I knew about (which was all of 5 names!!) I now have at least 30 names that I have added to it in this time, which included me going to the library yesterday finding more baptisms :D and now they are all crawling out the woodwork with families!! I didnt even consider that they would've been ANY family really. As I thought that they would be VERY VERY difficult to research, but luckily they seem to be the only family in that area at that time. just goes to show that sometimes it pays to go back and look a little bit harder at the info you have, you never know you might just find a clue!!
                Julie

Comment

yes your right there I went over the wrong certs I got and found one relating to the thread I put up yesterday about that Keen, I had dismissed it as the wrong family then, but turns out its right.

Comment

Working...
                  X