Missing in 1901

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing in 1901

I have tried to find my grandfather , Henry Jones b 1876 Llanelly, for months in the 1901 census, and failed to find the right one. I have all his BMD certs and found him in the 1881, 1891 and 1911 census and I would like the 1901 to complete the set.
    Can anyone suggest where to look next. Prisons, hospitals? Although he married in Nov 1900 he was not living with his new wife son and in-laws ,or with any relatives.

Hopefully Verjon

what was his occupation ?

Comment

What are the references for the censuses you have found and did he live at the same address throughout?
      Margaret

Comment

He might be with my grandfather Charles Woodage who doesn't seem to be anywhere in 1901 LOL

Comment

The trouble is the "J" gets mixed up with other letters in transcription, and so can "n". Have you tried searches which get around the problem - especially now that Ancestry has a more flexible search?

Christine
          Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Occ : Stoker

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
            what was his occupation ?
            Hi Val
            On his wedding cert in Nov 1900 and in the birth cert of his son in Feb 1901 ( they had shorter pregnancies in those days) he was listed as Stoker at colliery. Later in life he worked in the tinworks and docks. I think I've eliminated all the Henry Jones in wales , even branching out into england. Could he locked up in an institution somewhere?

Thanks Verjon

Comment

Hi Margaret.
              Sorry I haven't the all references for the census i have looked up ( a good thing to do though ), and he lived in a few different addresses in Llanelly. I have checked the ones listed on his marriage cert nov 1900 and his sons birth feb 1901 I also checked his aunt who brought him up but no sign of Henry. Any other ideas where I could try. It would be a shame to have the 1901 mossing.
              Thanks Verjon

Comment

Hi Christine
                I use Ancestry in my local libary and I'll give it a try tomorrow when I'm there.

Thanks Verjon

Comment

Jac do you think aliens are involved

Comment

Working...
                  X