BBC i player download question - basic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBC i player download question - basic

I want to download the Terry Pratchett Dimbleby lecture and clicked on download button on screen for 529 mb.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...ds_with_Death/

Sorry to be so basic but...where does it download to? Cannot find on my computer. Do I have to insert a CD rom or DVD or something to download on to? OK to just keep on my computer.

Thanks for any advice.
    Liz

I think you need to download the download manager Liz, before you download any programmes. The programme will be stored there and deleted automatically after (I think) 7 days. I do have this on my computer as I was part of the original trials for the new service before it went live. Although I don't use it anymore, as I tend to just watch it straight off IPlayer - something you couldn't do during the testing period.

Comment

Here's the link - it's called BBC IPlayer Desktop now http://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.u...player_desktop

Comment

Thank you Velma...I think I have downloaded that software...must find it. Does it mean you can only save it for 7 days and not keep permanently?

Update: yes it is there.
        Liz

Comment

No, you can't keep it permanently using this method.

Comment

Thanks Velma...just gonna have to invest in one of those fancy Sky box thingumijigs...as I can't cope with my DVD recorder!
            Liz

Comment

I may be wrong ,but if you select your choice on the web site then select more and choose windows media player you can then save to a folder of your choice and keep as ; long as you like.

Regards
              Regards Roy

Please note that images I restore are only temporarily kept on photobucket

Disclaimer:Benig distalgeesic ayn seplling mitsakes or incorrcet garmmar is puerly conicidnetal nad ni no way reflcets teh inetlligecne of teh authro.

Comment

how to..............

Click here
                Regards Roy

Please note that images I restore are only temporarily kept on photobucket

Disclaimer:Benig distalgeesic ayn seplling mitsakes or incorrcet garmmar is puerly conicidnetal nad ni no way reflcets teh inetlligecne of teh authro.

Comment

Thanks rbere...off to have a try...I might be some time .
                  Liz

Comment

Working...
                  X