• Show
Clear All

• Eliza Alice Youell nee Goddard

Hi

Can someone help with a this lady

Eliza Alice Goddard b.1867 Lambeth
    married George Hall Youell b.1969 Camberwell

in 1890 St Judes Church Kensal Green

I have found them both in 1891 census in Hampstead,she is identified as Alice, but not in 1901, Youell is sadly regularly mistranscribed and I have tried variations I can think of... there is a George Yowell, in Egham, but I a unable as yet to tie my George with the Knox family.

I next find George in Ontario Canada.in the 1911 census.
    He is now married to Annie Picknell (there is also a marriage entry) and he is reported to have arrived in Canada in 1904.

I am wondering if anyone can find Eliza Alice after 1891... I haven't been able to find a death for her.

Thank you in advance
    Mandy
    Last edited by bubblebelle; 05-02-10, 13:25. Reason: sp
    Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

there is a death for a Alice Youell but not happy about the right area??
    born 1866
    died Dec 1899 Halifax 9a 315

Comment

what was George's occupation ?

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
        what was George's occupation ?
        according to 1891 he was an ironmongers assistant

Julie
        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

According to the marriage they are BOTH widower/widow. So Alice either went out with him then died, or died in UK
          Julie

Comment

ok again, according to the 1911 canadian census he was naturalised in 1904. he is in Toronto with new wife and her children BUT their is a SON born 1902 in England.

It looks like Edwin Youell b. feb 1902 (the image isnt the best to read!!)

this looks to be the most likely birth ref for him

http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...DBirth&indiv=1
            Last edited by Darksecretz; 05-02-10, 16:57.
            Julie

Comment

there is a marriage for an Edward G Youell in 1923 in Toronto, it states his mothers name as Annie A Glenister, so not sure now what to make of that..
              Julie

Comment

Hi
                Sorry have been offline for a while.
                Thank you for taking an interest. I had discounted the Halifax entry too.
                The Alice Youell died in Lexden in 1902 isn't her either as she is the sister of my G.Grandmother.
                Thank you Julie, I had missed that George was a widower... or maybe he said he was.
                I haven't found George on the passenger lists..whilst I have found his brothers going out. Perhaps he went via a different route or just not transcribed.

Thank you all for your time... Mandy.
                Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

Mandy,

did you know that there is a tree on ancestry for George H? with canadian wife..
                  Julie

Comment

here you go..

Julie

Comment

Hi Julie.
                      Re Ancestry
                      It could well be mine or a distant cousin, who I have been Liaising with. I have been researching this family for a long time and got remotivated before Christmas when said cusin made contact.
                      There were 4 brothers who emigrated out there, one of them moving on to the US.
                      With the publication of the London records, it has confirmed George Halls marriage to Eliza Alice Goddard, so I just wanted to tie this episode up. But as often happens a dead end popped up and I just wnated to make sure I hadn't missed something obvious.
                      Bubblebelle x

Comment

Thanks for the link. That isn't me or my cousin. I will do some digging and make contact. Thank you.. Mandy
                        Bubblebelle x

Comment

no worries.. did one of the youells goto connecticut? i thought i saw one there whilst looking
                          Julie

Comment

Off the top of my head 3 stayed in Canada and one ended their days in Pasadena, looking at the family tree you directed me to, I believe the owner to be a relation to this branch of the family. But I understand that there are quite a few Youells in the US.

Once again thanks for all your help.

The only thing with checking out other trees is that when discrepensies arise, you doubt your own research, even though you have reviewed it to within an inch of its life.

Mandy
                            Bubblebelle x

Comment

yep i know what you mean Mandy.. hopefully you might get some new leads?
                              Julie

Comment

Working...
                              X