Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

where do I post a question about my Gedcom / familytree ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where do I post a question about my Gedcom / familytree ?

Hi...my brother and his wife have suddenly shown an interest in our familytree.....I need advice ..where do I post for this please...allan
    Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
    oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
    adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
    merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
    coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

What's the issue? are you looking for advice about how to share with them?
    Margaret

Comment

Yes Margaret ..I want to know where I can Download my tree that is on Genesreunited....I no longer pay the annual fee on GR so would like some advice as to where is the best place for me to guide them to so I can transfer my tree....cheers...allan
      Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire

Comment

Tribal Pages, without a doubt. You can have as many free accounts as you have email addresses, lol, and you can have whatever level of privacy you want, controlled by passwords. Your visitors don't have to be members to see your tree.

OC

Comment

Agree with OCH Tribal pages. You can have a few trees on there too - I like it so that I can kept parts separate and using passwords give access to people I want to have it.

I've just downloaded my 3 ancestry trees as my sub runs out tomorrow. I have one tree where I have 2 versions (one with living people on) so can have different privacy settings.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

Originally posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post
            Tribal Pages, without a doubt. You can have as many free accounts as you have email addresses, lol, and you can have whatever level of privacy you want, controlled by passwords. Your visitors don't have to be members to see your tree.

OC
            Thanks OC and JBee.......thats exactly what I am looking for.....so do I join Tribalpages and download my tree from GR...how do I then stop people from seeing living relatives...?......or...can I download my tree to my brother if he joins Tribal Pages ??...allan

Comment

Yes, join TP and I think you can then import your tree from GR. I didn't do it that way as my GR tree was rubbish mostly.

TP automatically hides living people (except from you) if they were born less than 120 years ago and there is no death date entered.

You then send your BIL an invitation to view the tree, having set a password, which you can change any time you want - this is a useful cut off mechanism in case you want to withdraw permission at any time.

OC

Comment

Working...
              X