can't read attachment-1939 Nat.Registration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can't read attachment-1939 Nat.Registration

Today I received an email with an attachment with reference to 1939 National Registration.I have Outlook Express and Windows XP.I got a window which said do you want to open this file? Type- Wordpad Document.Click" yes" and blank Wordpad page comes up-says Document Wordpad at top.In the middle little window which says Microsoft Word 97 Conversion.Unable to load graphics coversion filter.Continue with graphics conversion?---Click" yes" and nothing happens. Click" no" and it says---An unexpected error occured while reading C:\Documents and settings\New user\Local Settings\Temporary Internet files\Content.IE5\Y62DVW58\Draft NIC-38013-58HRP Foi Response.doc. The bit begining NIC is in the subject line of the email.
    I am desperate to read this,but how on earth can I do it?
    If you can help please bear in mind that I am an idiot and will need step by step instructions!
    Fran

you need to right click on the file to find out the file type ext Click here ie. if its.pdf you will need acrobat reader installed

click here if it is .pdf
    Last edited by rbere; 03-02-10, 21:42.
    Regards Roy

Please note that images I restore are only temporarily kept on photobucket

Disclaimer:Benig distalgeesic ayn seplling mitsakes or incorrcet garmmar is puerly conicidnetal nad ni no way reflcets teh inetlligecne of teh authro.

Comment

rbere,thank you for your response.When I said I was an idiot I meant it! I can't see exactly where I have to right click.Where is the file?

Comment

Double click on my previous" click here" link for an explanation of email attachments

regards
        Regards Roy

Disclaimer:Benig distalgeesic ayn seplling mitsakes or incorrcet garmmar is puerly conicidnetal nad ni no way reflcets teh inetlligecne of teh authro.

Comment

Have read that. It says doc on the end ,so I presume that is the file type ext. The information I have just read says ext doc opens in Word. when I tried to open it yesterday it said-type-Wordpad document. I've got Wordpad but not Word.It's when the Wordpad page comes up that I get the message "unable to load graphics conversion filter etc."What can I do?

Comment

yes you are right .doc files open with microsoft word the problem is you don't have this program and it needs that to open it.

You could try the free word veiwer program Click here

The select this program to open with

Regards

ps if that doesn't work you could forward the email to a freind that has
            Last edited by rbere; 04-02-10, 15:26.
            Regards Roy

Comment

Thank you so much for your help.It worked.
              Fran

Comment

Glad your sorted often you may get .pdf, to open these files you will need adobe reader if you haven't got it installed

Click here its free ;)
                Regards Roy

Comment

Working...
                X