Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wood/Nuttall family

Hi

I am trying to help a friend with her family history.

One of her ancestors Abraham Wood was born in 1839. There is a baptism for him on igi 15 Feb 1839 (Staveley, Derbyshire). This shows his mother as Mary Wood. So I would guess he was born out of wedlock.

Abraham and his mother Mary are on the 1841 census living in Woodthorpe, Staveley, Derbyshire. 1851 Abraham is still with his mother and living in Staveley, but his mothers name is now Mary Nuttall and there is another sibling Sarah Wood born 1850. This might suggest that Mary married between 1850 and 1851 but I can not find a marriage for a Mary Wood to a Nuttall. And, with Sarah Wood being such a common name ordering the correct birth certificate could be costly!!

In 1861 Abraham is still living with his mother but she is now Mary Wood widow, no sign of Sarah - I wonder if she ever married.

In 1871 Abraham is married and with his own family. His mum is not with them.

Does any one have any ideas how we can get Abraham' line back any further.

Many thanks, Sandra

Hi Folks,

Sorry I put this thread in the wrong place could some one move it for me please!!!

Sandra

Comment

done Sandra
      Julie
      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

I think you are going to have to look in the parish records for this Sandra, there 'might' be some notes about a supposed father for Abraham. Maybe this marriage is one that slipped thru the net? again parish records might show something, and or a bapt for Sarah possibly will show the fathers name?
        Julie
        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Working...
        X