Who did Ella marry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who did Ella marry?

Can you help in finding the husband of Ella Ethel Norman please.

I have found a GRO reference for Dec Q 1909 Cardiff 11a 750 but there are only three entries for that page. As well as her there are James Crocker and Bessie Hancock.

I have frequently found in my research that only three names are recorded on a page and have always been able to find the missing one, but not this time.

I have tried to find her in the 1911 census but no luck. If it helps work out who she married, she was born in 1888 in Stogumber, Somerset.

Any help much appreciated.

I cant find her in 1911 or who she married sorry

Comment

Hi
      I've found an Ella Gribble in 1911. Put her birthplace as Somerset & she was born in 1886 & living in Cardiff.
      Other occupants Henry Charles Gribble born 1889 & Reginald Edgar Gribble born 1910.Just off to look for the marriage.
      Moggie

Comment

Hi
        Sorry to get your hopes up its a different Ella. Henry Charles Gribble & Ella Lane married in 1909 in the Sept qtr
        Cardiff.
        Moggie

Comment

Try this one -

John Edward Frederick
          1909 Oct-Nov-Dec
          Cardiff
          Volume - 11a
          Page - 760

If you look at the image I think the page no. is 750
          Ancestry : click here for image

A search on the 1911 census website shows a Ella F Frederick born Stogumber c1888 - living in Cardiff.
          In the same household is John Frederick born c 1885 and Elsie Frederick born c1910
          Elaine

Comment

I'm afraid that Henry Charles E GRIBBLE married Eliza LANE in sept 1909... But I crossed the reply about that ;)

Comment

Elaine just beat me to it. I agree it does look like 750 in the image.
              Moggie

Comment

Thank you so much. I agree that the image on Ancestry is a bit clearer than on Freebmd and it looks like page 750. This leaves a problem on Freebmd as there are only four entries for page number 760 which means that page is now a groom short. I'll send in a correction to Freebmd.

Thanks again super sleuths.

Comment

I have the impression that the Cardiff pages are a little bit of a mess anyway... There are numerous pages with only three entries (one partner short) and there are nearly none with 5... Also a few italic ones (suspect). That could be down to the clerks though who did their work badly and forgot a few entries, or maybe freeBMD hasn't finished transcribing Wales yet...

The original entry wasn't that difficult to read, certainly because there was a six right under the five (plus a few more around tat same five) and they didn't at all look like each other... But I suppose as transcriber that you have square eyes after transcriving a few of those typed lists...

Comment

Working...
                  X