Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems viewing certain internet sites

Hope someone can help.
    I have just upgraded to a Wireless broadband connection.I was previously just on Broadband.
    Since upgrading there are certain sites I cannot access. eg Family search:Ancestry.co.uk:The Rainforestsite.com.
    Others I can access No Problem eg Findmypast:familytreeforum.
    I am on AOL if that is relevant.
    Any help would be appreciated

Have you tried accessing them through Internet Explorer?

I'm with AOL and for some reason the Historical Directories web site won't work for me in their browser.

Comment

Originally posted by Velma Dinkley View Post
      Have you tried accessing them through Internet Explorer?

I'm with AOL and for some reason the Historical Directories web site won't work for me in their browser.
      I am the other way round.
      I normally use internet explorer but have tried through AOL itself.
      The Familysearch site it will let me in but not the Ancestry Site- strange. In fact it does open the home page of Ancestry but will not let me log in!!

Comment

You could try another browser such as Mozilla Firefox, which you can download from their site for free.

Either that or your security levels are set too high... do you have a problems accessing internet banking sites, for example?

Comment

Originally posted by Velma Dinkley View Post
          You could try another browser such as Mozilla Firefox, which you can download from their site for free.

Either that or your security levels are set too high... do you have a problems accessing internet banking sites, for example?
          Just tried my Bank Internet site and that works fine.
          May try your other suggestion

Comment

Had an idea and used my OLD Tesco dial up connection.
            Then opened Internet Explorer and it connected and let me sign in.
            Dissconnected and tried again with Broadband connection and again it would not connect.
            Anyone recognise the scenario??

Comment

Change your MTU value to 1450.

See your personal router info re changing the MTU value this does not work with windows 7

Regards
              Regards Roy

Please note that images I restore are only temporarily kept on photobucket

Disclaimer:Benig distalgeesic ayn seplling mitsakes or incorrcet garmmar is puerly conicidnetal nad ni no way reflcets teh inetlligecne of teh authro.

Comment

Originally posted by rbere View Post
                Change your MTU value to 1450.

See your personal router info re changing the MTU value this does not work with windows 7

Regards
                Thanks for this.
                In fact I have been on to my supplier AOL and they have sent me a list of things to do re settings of router.
                One was to change MTU value from 1450 to 1400.
                This has worked and I can now access the sites.
                Thank you everybody for your thoughts and ideas

Comment

Glad your sorted, AOL is one of the most troublesome providers and does tend to take over your computer.
                  Regards
                  Regards Roy

Please note that images I restore are only temporarily kept on photobucket

Disclaimer:Benig distalgeesic ayn seplling mitsakes or incorrcet garmmar is puerly conicidnetal nad ni no way reflcets teh inetlligecne of teh authro.

Comment

Working...
                  X