Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 proclaimed Year of the Home Child in Canada

I am posting this on behalf of a lady who is not registered on here:

Are there Descendants of Home Children on this website that aren't subscribed to the British Home Children mailing list?

As 2010 has been proclaimed the Year of the British Home Child in Canada, it is a year to plan special programs and events to further the public's awareness.

Some Societies already have programs organized to bring in speakers for meetings and Workshop Days planned.

Through the British Home Child mailing list we are trying to organize a Photo Memory Quilt.

We are also submitting 'Our Stories of Home Children' for an Anthology book to be published later this year.

Please contact me personally if you would like to take part in one of these projects, know of other events that are being planned or have other ideas/suggestions of your own.

To help further the public's awareness, please feel free to post my message to other mailing lists or organizations that would be interested.

(If anyone is interested in getting involved or submitting their relatives story please respond here and I will send you the contact details for the lady organising some of it. )

Thanks for reading this
    Proud to be connected to Elizabeth (Marjorie) Griffin, one of over 100,000 British Home Children sent from United Kingdom to Canada & Australia to begin a new life.
Working...
X