Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice abut Boer War lists please

Hi all
    I’m still on the trail of Arthur Henry Scott who apparently fought in the Boer War (second). Does anyone know a good source for finding lists of soldiers/officers online? I've found some pages and looked at many lists with no luck, the problem is I don’t know what regiment he was in. I know he was a Captain and was for a while a Brevet Major, and that’s about it. I can’t find him in the 1901 census so assume he was still away then. What I’d like is a complete list of all the officers in the 2nd Boer War… too much to ask?!
    All ideas welcome.
    James
    :p
    Am I related to Scott of the Antarctic? The hunt is on.
    http://www.symidream.com/scott/home.html
    My pages for families from Collin and Whittaker of Harlow to Cozens of Dorset to Soper of Cornwall and beyond…

Try this site. He is very good.

Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Thanks - will do...
      Am I related to Scott of the Antarctic? The hunt is on.
      http://www.symidream.com/scott/home.html
      My pages for families from Collin and Whittaker of Harlow to Cozens of Dorset to Soper of Cornwall and beyond…

Comment

There is also this forum which may be useful

victorianwars.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, victorianwars.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!
        Jackie

Comment

As he was an officer his commission and promotions should be listed in the London Gazette which will give his regiment. It's searchable online. Common name though - hope there's not more than one!
          The National Archives, Kew – Research Service Offered
          Contact me via PM on Family Tree Forum or via my personal website - www.militaryandfamilyresearch.co.uk

Comment

Working...
          X