Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTM keeps closing when trying to export to adobe acrobat

Hi

I am trying to send a copy of the tree in adobe acrobat to a rellie in New Zealand.

Whenever I try to export the tree diagram from FTM it says that it has stopped working and needs to close.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling adobe acrobat but that has made no difference. I have also done a system restore to yesterday to see if that would work but it hasn't.

I cannot uninstall and reinstall FTM because I have lost the original disc.

Any ideas or suggestions would be gratefully received.

Many thanks in advance,

Tom

Remembering: Cuthbert Gregory 1889 - 1916, George Arnold Connelly 1886 - 1917, Thomas Lowe Davenport 1890 - 1917, Roland Davenport Farmer 1885 - 1916, William Davenport Sheffield 1879 - 1915, Cuthbert Gregory 1918 - 1944

you must've had the disc when you installed it on your new puter? is it still in the drive? or in the laptops drive? or any other drives in the house?
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Thanks Elaine - I will have a look at that link.

You would have thought it would be somewhere Julie, but I can't find it anywhere!

Remembering: Cuthbert Gregory 1889 - 1916, George Arnold Connelly 1886 - 1917, Thomas Lowe Davenport 1890 - 1917, Roland Davenport Farmer 1885 - 1916, William Davenport Sheffield 1879 - 1915, Cuthbert Gregory 1918 - 1944

Comment

Tom is FTM still on your laptop? can you not do the pdf from that??
        Julie

Comment

Good idea Julie!

I will have to update the file but then export it onto the memory stick and then put it onto the computer.

(Even I'm impressed that I know how to do that)

PS - long time no talk, will have to catch up at some point :D

Comment

sorry.. been chasing rellies :D possibly has a good breakthru on my Brown line found this out today... been YONKS since we spoke :D
            Julie

Comment

I have had no luck with any of the drivers, so I am going to attempt to uninstall FTM and then reinstall it as I have now found the disc

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Tom View Post
                I have had no luck with any of the drivers, so I am going to attempt to uninstall FTM and then reinstall it as I have now found the disc
                ooooooooooooooooooooo where was it??? the disc I mean
                Julie

Comment

It was in the case labelled "Family Tree Maker" along with all the other cases. No idea how I missed it :o

It hasn't worked, and now I have to right click and tell it to run as administrator in order to get it to open (which I had to do on the laptop) before all I had to do was double click.

I think I will ask for a more recent version for my birthday.

Comment

which version is it again? 2005? did you download the 'patch' for it? I know when I had it running thro Vista I had to download a patch forrit to work properly
                    Julie

Comment

Working...
                    X