Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody applied for an Irish Cert without knowing exact Year ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody applied for an Irish Cert without knowing exact Year ?

I know the rough year and the parents names ,has anybody else asked for one without knowing exactly when they were born and been successful???
    Thanks

Have you had a look on here: http://search.labs.familysearch.org/...start.html#p=0

If you have a lot of the surrounding info, then it may be possible to identify the right record.

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Hope you dont mind me butting in Val ;)

I've just looked on the link Christine gave.....and found a 2nd marriage for my great aunt in India.....YEAH !!

I have taken down the info so i can order the cert - do i quote the page number :o i can't remember now.....
      Jacky

Comment

Thanks Christine but all I get is a blank page ??? is that the LDS site ??? if so have already searched on their thanks,
        I dont mind at all Tilly glad you found her

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
          Thanks Christine but all I get is a blank page ??? is that the LDS site ??? if so have already searched on their thanks,
          I dont mind at all Tilly glad you found her
          It's the LDS beta site. They do add to the content from time to time, I believe.

Christine
          Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Val, can you get to an LDS centre and go through the Irish indexes they have on microfim? Or searhing the Irish Family history website to try and narrow it down?

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
              Did you think to change the search terms to include 'exact, close and partial'? I have often had success doing that...as well as fiddling about with the 'event' and 'record type' alternatives at the top of the search page.

Beverley

Comment

oops sorry Beverly what I meant was the link Christine put gives me a blank page.
                I have managed to find names on searching just not the one I want.

Comment

Working...
                X