What do U Think

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do U Think

I am trying to locate the birth of my father Frederick William John Day.He died in 1947 and married my mother 25 Jan 1941 he was 29. I have a possible birth 1911 Sept.Qtr Llanelly 11a 2602 mothers mn Gray. 1911 census has a Day family Fa. Frederick Charles Day which corresponds to the marriage of Frederick.
    My problem is the only marriage I can find is for a Frederick Day to Janet Gray in 1906 Brentford district. 1911 shows son Horace Edward Day and the only birth I can find is 1909 Richmond S district but according to 1911 census they were all born Llanelly.

So do you think I have the right birth for Frederick W J Day and do you thing the Llanelly family could be the right one. I was born in Hayes Middx. My Mum grew up in Southall Middx where the marrige took place and she said my Dad came from Hayes. I know she could be wrong.

As Llenelly is mentioned twice I reckon its a fair possiblity. You may have to bite the bullet and buy the cert.

Good luck

Comment

Jac

Just to let you know that I have had a look and only come up with the same as you. I have tried Fred, Fredrick and Charles F for his father and Gray and Grey for the mother but haven't found any other marriage.

I have no idea if it is the right family but sounds a bit dubious to me.

Just thought does the fathers job match the marriage cert and is it the kind of job that means travelling around.
      Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

does your parents marriage cert give any possible clues re the witness'?
        Julie
        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

The fathers job on the marriage cert is electric welder, Frederick junior was also a welder he worked at Fairey Aviation so I am thinking his father did too.My mother had no further contact with the Day family after my Dad died.
          Haven't found Frederick Charles in 1901 but if I have the right family in 1891 Frederick Charles is in Abergavenney and born Newtown with father Charles who is a Game Keeper

Think I might order the birth cert and see how I go. Not sure that will help me go further back though.

Thanks Ayse and Lin

Comment

Julie The witnesses are a E R Bradley and W J Gray. WJ Gray possibly a great uncle or cousin of my Dads. I have a Gray family in 1901 living in Hammond Rd Southall. William b 1854 Derby head Janet his wife b 1855 Walworth and Children Janet b1886. Derby William J b 1888 Wigan Lancs, Bryant J b 1892 Bishopstoke Hants, and Edward W b 1895 Bishopstoke Hants. So possible the Brentford district marriage is correct. I think that ER Bradley was my Mums bridesmaid and later my godmother
            Last edited by Jac; 28-01-10, 13:36.

Comment

your quote

My problem is the only marriage I can find is for a Frederick Day to Janet Gray in 1906 Brentford district.

.................................................. ...

This marriage is on the LMA, father of Fred is Charles James a Baker, from Leytonstone.Fred is in the army.

mm

Comment

Thanks Mary I did wonder, I don't have a sub to Ancestry I use the library. Now I have found that the E R Bradley is Earl R Bradley who married a Dorothy J M Gray. Dorothy was my godmother.

Comment

Im just wondering, what was the full name of freds dad?? on the wed. cert

mm

Comment

A Dorothy GRAY fitting that description has a birth registration in LLanelli.

Comment

Thanks Gwyn I saw that too, on Frederick W J Day's marriage cert his father is Frederick Charles Day, Seem to be throwing up lots more questions.My Mum Lilian Alice May Woodage wife of Frederick W J Day was b 1916 that Dorothy Gray was b 1920,Will ring my cousin later as her Mum, my aunt Gladys Woodage was 1920 and the sisters were good friends and she may have some more info about their friends.

Comment

I have a Gray family in 1901 living in Hammond Rd Southall. William b 1854 Derby head Janet his wife b 1855 Walworth and Children Janet b1886. Derby William J b 1888 Wigan Lancs, Bryant J b 1892 Bishopstoke Hants, and Edward W b 1895 Bishopstoke Hants.

Hi Jac
                        I think the above family is the right one. Edward W Gray I think was Dorothy's father.
                        I have sent you a PM about your grandfather Frederick who I am certain was born in Berkshire.
                        Moggie

Comment

Thank you so much Moggie I have received your pm and I am extremely grateful for the searching you have done on my behalf. Jac

Comment

Hi Jac, I've been looking at these families too. Does the 1911 census tell you were Frederick Charles Day & Janet Grey were born?
                            Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Hi Wendy
                              I haven't looked at the 1911 transcript or image but their birthplaces are down as Llanelly but I was certain that Frederick son of Charles James was born in Berkshire & managed to find him in the pension records which confirms that he was married to Janet Gray & his children were Horace Edward born Richmond & Frederick Wm John born Llanelly & he was discharged from the army in 1919 at Llanelly.
                              Moggie

Comment

Oh thanks, moggie. I found that family and father worked in a biscuit factory. haven't managed to find the army records though, so couldn't verify it.
                                Wendy

Comment

Hi Wendy
                                  If you look in the pension records for a Frederick Day, who was born c1883 in Trimby, Berkshire you should find him.
                                  Moggie

Comment

Right, thanks. Must add that to my tree, as Jac is related to my OH!

Have we established a link with Dorothy Gray?
                                    Wendy

Comment

Hi Wendy
                                      Dorothy's mmn was Keast. There is a marriage between an Edward W Gray & Emelina Keast Qtr 3 1919 Llanelly.
                                      There are also another 3 Grays with mmn Keast born 1921,1923 & 1925. I think Edward was possibly Janet Gray's brother.
                                      Moggie

Comment

Found the Keast marriage etc, but I don't know where Janet was born.
                                        Wendy

Comment

Working...
                                        X