Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aslanian

good morning..from Liverpool...
    last night I was talking to my sister in law and was completely shocked when she told me that her ancestors were named
    ASLANIAN and were from Armenia..she has asked me how to go about researching her family and I have obviously told her I will help...so...she is off work next Tuesday and I would love to call round with loads of info and sites for her to try...so far I have found 20 ASLANIAN on GR...The good news is that 4 of them were born in Liverpool and one VAHAR ASLANIAN was born in ARMENIA. in 1892...(it states ARMENIA TURKEY ...)
    so any help or if possible the family named ASLANIAN in Liverpool / when they arrived (checked and they are not on Merseyside Aliens list)...if possible on the 1901 or 1911 census would be a great HELP....I have all day after 10am so any sites /info advice ...ie surname research site, would be hugely beneficial to us.....thanks in advance....allan;)
    Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
    oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
    adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
    merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
    coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Hi Allan - There are five mentions of the surname in the London Gazette http://www.gazettes-online.co.uk/hom...geotype=London -
    two files in the National Archives which you can order on line -
    HO 144/115/A26357 Nationality and Naturalisation: Aslanian, Bedros, from Turkey. Resident in London. Certificate A3978 issued 2 October 1883. 1883
    HO 405/623 ASLANIAN. G Date of Birth: 24.04.1893 01/01/1938 - 31/12/1939

These are on FreeBMD
    Surname First name(s) Mother/Spouse/Age District Vol Page

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Marriages Sep 1914
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aslanian Sidney Smith W.Derby 8b 1122

Births Jun 1915 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ASLANIAN POSSIBLE LIVING PERSON W.Derby 8b 1269

Marriages Jun 1917 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aslanian Garbis Brown Birmingham 6d 511

Births Jun 1918 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aslanian POSSIBLE LIVING PERSON Liverpool 8b 125

Births Sep 1920 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aslanian POSSIBLE LIVING PERSON Liverpool 8b 130

Deaths Sep 1923 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ASLANIAN Madeline 30 Liverpool 8b 120

Marriages Mar 1934 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aslanian POSSIBLE LIVING PERSON Dover 2a 2276
    If you go to the FBMD site you click the number to see the name of the spouse
    Ancestry® helps you understand your genealogy. A family tree takes you back generations—the world's largest collection of online family history records makes it easy to trace your lineage.

There was a Yervant Aslanian born in 1881 living in St Pancras in 1911
    Last edited by Velma Dinkley; 28-01-10, 10:22. Reason: Possible living persons named under the age of 100

Comment

Naomiatt....you are superb...my SIL told me that her connection was through her mums nan/grandad and their names were Smith and Lea...she told me it may have been spelt ASLANYAN and I put that in freebmd....it looks like the right family with the SMITH connection in that 1914 marriage...I am going to check on Lancashirebmd for that marriage....thankyou .....allan.
      ADDED...can we please try and find SIDNEY ASLANIAN on the 1901 OR 1911 census please....THANKS...allan
      Last edited by garstonite; 28-01-10, 09:56.
      Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire

Comment

there is only one aslanian on the 1911 census, yervant aslanian, b.1881 in constaninople. he is a carpet salesman, boarding with the wirth family in st pancras, london.

Comment

i have found one arslanium family in wembley, middlesex in 1901.

duhran arslanium, b.1872, armenia, he is a general merchant, wife vengin b.1879, armenia, daughter arin v b.1898, london, and daughter drisaki, b.1900, sudbury, middlesex.

Comment

im having trouble finding anything else.

Comment

Thanks Kyle...I am wondering if he left Armenia when the WW1 offensive began in Serbia ?....I know Austrian and Hungarian forces attacked Serbia in 1914 and this was generally accepted as the attack that triggered off WW1 but whether Armenian people fled as well I don`t know...will Wiki it and find out....thanks again....allan

Comment

Allan
                Found this one in 1881
                Aslanian Bedros 27 Lodger Medical Student Asia Minor, - 40 Philpot Street, Mile End Old Town, Middlesex RG11/0471/F97

also some deaths
                ASLANIAN ARSHALOOS KHANOM October 97 KEN&CHELSEA
                ASLANIAN ARSHAM November 99 HAMMERSMITH
                ASLANIAN EDWINA JAYNE October 93 WOLVERHMPTON

L
                L

Comment

Thanks Le Clerc......I think Sidney changed his name ...but from what ? I don`t know....cheers...allan

Comment

OK So I have a little problem / query here..the FIRST ASLANIAN mentioned on freebmd is the marriage of Sidney Aslanian sep qtr 1914 in West Derby .Liverpool...
                    where are all the Aslanian family before this ???.....there is the medical student aged 27 in 1881 Bedros Aslanian
                    Yervant Aslanian b 1881 in the 1911 census
                    there is a G Aslanian d.o.b. 24.04.1893 in the National Archives link that Naomi gave me.

the problem as I see it is that I think we are looking for a FEMALE Aslanian marrying an Englishman as the surnames I have been given are
                    my sil`s mum was born Lea.....her nan was born Smith...she married in 1935 .....
                    as my SIL is trying to trace her ASLANYAN / ASLANIAN Ancestor am I right in thinking it has to be a female Aslanian we are looking for ?.......allan

Comment

Does Brown ring a bell to your sil?
                      Marriages Jun 1917
                      Aslanian Ga**bis Brown Birmingham 6d 511
                      Brown M**y E Aslanian Birmingham 6d 511
                      or Muller or Walsh - seems to be a discrepancy with names here...but female Aslanian or Muller marrying...
                      Marriages Mar 1934
                      Aslanian El*****th Walsh Dover 2a 2276
                      Müller El*****th Walsh Dover 2a 2276
                      Walsh E****d F B Müller Dover 2a 2276
                      Walsh E****d F B Aslanian Dover 2a 2276
                      Last edited by naomiatt; 31-01-10, 02:45.

Comment

i think they could easily have stayed in armenia/turkey, or they went back there alan. maybe you should get the tree your sil has at hand, and then try going back.

Comment

Working...
                        X