Mabel and Earl Hutchinson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mabel and Earl Hutchinson

Sorry but I am asking for some more help. I am looking at some twigs on my tree at the moment.

My G Grandfathers cousin Mabel Ashley married Earl Hutchinson in 1919 Nottingham. This to me sounds very America and it was just after WW1. I can't find a birth for him or any children for belonging to Mabel and Earl

On ancestry there is a Mabel Ashley Hutchinson on the Detroit Boarder Crossings 1905-1957.

I was hoping someone would kindly look it up for me. This might be Mabel or one of her children.

Mabel Ashley was born in Nottingham the June qtr 1896.

Anything else would be a bonus.

Thanks
    Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Hi
    yes it looks like it is her

Mabel Ashley Hutchinson
    she arrived 25 Jun 1945
    Aged: 49
    dob.: 20 Apr 1896
    born in: Nottingham
    England

Nationality: English

Port of Arrival: Detroit, Michigan
    her departure contact was Sister Ethel Karkins
    her Arrival Contact was : Husband Douglas Earl Hutchinson

unfortunately the image is in mirror vision, so this is all the info to be found, if you want to know more I could save the image and try to switch it into morror vision

mm

Comment

Thank you Marymog

That is definitely her. What other info would there be if you managed to switch it. I know she had a sister Ethel but my family tree is on the main computer and am now on the laptop.

On freebmd for her marriage it only says Earl Hutchinson so will now try and find Douglas.

Thanks
      Lin

Comment

Hi MM

Just had another look and found Ethel Ashley married a Perkins so that will be her

There is also a Douglas Earl Hutchinson on the Detroit Crossing list. I would be grateful if you would look that up for me as well.

Thanking you
        Lin

Comment

I think it may give addresses, it gives his address and occupation. I will print it out and hold it inforn of a mirror

give it a mo

I can read it holding it up to the light

it says sister ethel kerkins, 167 Sneintondale, Nottingham

mabels nationality is Canadian/race English
          Last permanent residence - Garden City Michigan

Husband 30952 Elmwood, Garden city mich.
          Passage paid by Husband

and he was on the same trip

Archee Wilbert Douglas Earl Hutchinson
          Arrived 25-Jun-45
          Aged: 43
          dob: 01-Sep-01
          Birthplace: Delhi Ont
          Canada
          Race Scotch (Scotish)

Port of Arrival: Detroit, Michigan
          he was Accompanied By: Wife Mabel
          Departure Contact: Uncle Jas Mcmullen

The image is also back to front, I will print it out and see if there is anything else interesting

laters

mm

Comment

Ok

he was a mechanic, Went to Us in 1921 to present Detroit and Flint Michigan

Uncle James Mcmullen is from Delhi, Ont. Can.Earl was resuming residence.

thats it apart from destingushing marks

She scar left cheek/ He appendics scar, ;)

mm

Comment

if you like, PM me your email and I will send the images

mm

Comment

It appears that some of the Derbyshire libraries allow access to Ancestry.com
                e.g. Matlock:
                We also have a number of computers with free access to the internet and CD-ROMs. These are becoming increasingly important for both family and local history. We offer free access to www.Ancestry.com (opens in a new window) in this library.
                You also have access to a lot of the newspaper archives

includes:
                Who’s Who and Who was Who
                Search for information about famous and influential people of today and from the past, going back to 1898.

Oxford Dictionary of National Biography
                More than 50,000 biographies of people who shaped the history of the British Isles and beyond, from the earliest times to the year 2002.

Infotrac Newspapers
                Access to 10 national newspapers from 1985 to date, 50 journals and periodicals covering subjects from astronomy and computing right through to geography and science. Including The Times Newspaper Archive 1785 to 1985 and 19th Century Newspapers - a fascinating collection of 19th century British newspapers held by the British Library. It includes the Derby Mercury, the county’s most important newspaper for the period.
                Christine
                Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thanks you to eveyone

MM, I have sent you a PM and Christine, I do have ancestry but not worldwide. This is only about the third time I have needed it and it was only a twig in my tree. I also have infotrac newspapers.

I have just had a look on my tree and by 1945 both Mabels parents were dead and Ethel was her eldest sister married to Albert Perkins.

Thanking you
                  Lin

Comment

Yes, I've found I need worldwide Ancestry too rarely to justify the sub. Fortunately, my local library has access so I can "top up" my access by a short trip up the road when I need it... tho' that's not so convenient as in my own home, of course.

Christine
                    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thanks Christine. I presumed that the Library only had premium ancestry, don't know why. I am going to the archives tomorrow so will see what they have as I have found some more things I need to look up on worldwide concerning this family.

There is a Gladys Ethel Perkins on a passinger list who I think is Ethels daughter probably visiting and also the birth of Earl Hutchinson with all his christian names.

Off to see what Nottingham archives have in the way of ancestry.
                      Lin

Comment

Working...
                      X