Im getting a bit cheeky arent I - help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im getting a bit cheeky arent I - help please

Sorry to bung another query on here - Im supposed to be doing some urgent work for OH but I got embroiled with this and I cannot find this family at all on the ancestry census. I must have got this years ago from somewhere but Im blowed if I can find them in 1891 on ancestry: I cant seem to find the bit where we could enter the page and folio number on there either.

1891:

HANSON, James R born 1861 occ Wood Turner
    HANSON, Maria W 1864 North Lambeth
    HANSON, Samuel W 1887 North Lambeth
    HANSON, Florence Daughter 1888 North Lambeth
    HANSON, Emma Daughter 1889 North Lambeth
    HANSON, William 1891 North Lambeth

RG12 /493 / 78 / 4

Address:33, Coopers Road, Camberwell
    Public Records Office Reference RG11
    Piece / Folio 0543 / 42 /Page Number 6

Gawd, come to that, I havent got them in 1881 either

Post edited. Please do not copy and paste from sites such as Ancestry as it violates copyright.
    Thanks, Elaine
    Last edited by Elaine ..Spain; 27-01-10, 14:28. Reason: Copyright violation

That will be the 1881 census RG11 is 1881

mm

Comment

So have I got 91 and 81 mixed up as those kids are born later than 81.

Ill have a look on familysearch.org. Thanks.

Blow still cant see them in either census :(
      Last edited by Heather Positive Thinker; 27-01-10, 14:19.

Comment

Hi Heather
        They all show up on the Findmypast list for 1891 at Camberwell but I can't find them on Ancestry.
        Moggie

Comment

Hi Heather
          He is down as Hawson in 1881 Ref RG11 Piece 543 Folio 42 Page 6
          Moggie

The details that you have for the 1891 are correct. The only bit you missed out or didn't know was that James' birthplace was Twickenham.
          Last edited by maudarby; 27-01-10, 16:03.

Comment

Hi guys, sorry got tied up with paid work (nuisance isnt it!) - many thanks for work on my part. I do find I dont have the same staying power as 6 years back when I first started this. Thanks guys. Im sure I had the Hawson variation one as it sounds so familiar. How strange they dont have the 1891 on there isnt it. James (the father defo not born in Twickers though. He was born in Shadwell, sometimes shown on ancestry as Thadwete on his birth place!).

Ill nip over to have a look at it. Only one more big bit of work to do here thats essential today.

Very grateful for your help xxx

Ah, course, he was still with his dad in 1881 so Id added a correction to dads name (in the days before ancestry did the whole family in one fell swoop). Many thanks.
            Last edited by Heather Positive Thinker; 27-01-10, 16:25.

Comment

Hi Heather
              I've got the image in front of me. I brought my 1891 London discs out of retirement & it def looks like Twickenham
              on there. Possibly thought it sounded a bit posher than Shadwell.
              Moggie

Comment

No, he is quite happy to put Shadwell on most of the census. It must have been a moment of madness by the enumerator I should think Many thanks for looking. Ive just found on ancestry you can do an "old search" and Ive had a go at that using the RG12 wotsit but no joy. Must be a batch they missed.

Thanks for you help

Comment

Working...
                X