Google Archive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Archive

Apologies if everyone is already aware of this, but having followed the mantra of 'Google, Google, Google' for much of my time researching my family tree online, with some very good results, I was until yesterday unaware of the above resource, 'Google Archive'. It links to many old newspapers scanned online, and I was able to find several extremelly informative marriages and obits for my family ranging from 1930's up to modern day, even a cousins marriage in 1950's Canada with photos. A good resource by looks of it, especially if your researching a more unusual surname, bit hit and miss otherwise but still well worth a search.

Thanks for the link to that!....I've just spent a happy hour mooching around on there!
    Sandra:smilee:

Comment

thankyou Richard.

I do wonder about myself sometimes. I spend ages wondering what a function might be (like Google Archives, for instance) but never actually pluck up the intelligence to have a look!

OC

Comment

OH MY GOODNESS. Just googled one of my rellies Sir William Angliss the Australian meat exporter and found a newspaper article about his will, naming all the beneficiaries (Not Me lol) and also an article all about his funeral, how many cars, who was there etc. etc.

Thanks So much for this.

Linda

Comment

Thankyou Richard there are all sort of goodies out there!

Comment

Thanks for that link Richard.
            I've also been lost for an hour reading more newspaper accounts of the Druce cases of the late 19th - early 20th centuries.
            I've read many accounts on ordinary Google but this link has so many more!

Comment

Working...
            X