Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look up for a 1838 marriage on FMP as a cross check please

Hi folk
    Could I ask a favour please and request a look up in Find my Past please.
    After checking FreeBMD and Ancestry for a marriage of Minerva Palmer abt 1838 I found her.
    Problem was that two other husband names were there so which one was it to be.
    Checked the 1841 census and there she is with one of them as Minerva Jones living next door to her married brother and his wife that is a perfect match
    I ordered a marriage certificate for a Minerva Palmer and said her spouse was James Jones.
    To cut a long story short, I have had emails and phone contact with Southport Record Office after they have indicated a problem...They have tried to be very helpfull

Their words
    Re: Marriage Certificate : James Jones and Minerva Palmer 1938 March Vol 2 page 179 London
    I have checked the Marriage indexes in the March quarter 1938 and can find no trace of the reference you quote In the names shown above.

They have suggested a check on FMP .
    And order a birth cert for one of their childrens that will show parents names..

So a look up is my first check if anyone would be kind enought to check please

Tony Palmer

Originally posted by tglyn View Post

Their words
    Re: Marriage Certificate : James Jones and Minerva Palmer 1938 March Vol 2 page 179 London
    I have checked the Marriage indexes in the March quarter 1938 and can find no trace of the reference you quote In the names shown above.
    The first question is did you request a 1938 certificate or a 1838 certificate?
    Elaine

Comment

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Hi Elaine......yes I did.

Thanks for spotting it, seems daft I slipped up with a date error, a very very silly mistake.
      So embarrassing

Tony
      arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Comment

Easily done! :D
        Elaine

Comment

Working...
        X