Writing and Pictures disappeared off pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Writing and Pictures disappeared off pages

Not sure how to word this but I was reading the paper online yesturday when the writing went very small something like the size of a stamp accross and a bit longer and its the same on any site I go onto I share the Computer with my husband and his side is fine I am using another Computer writing this please can anyone help thankyou.

Bella

Many Web sites use stylesheets and coding that can sometimes makes the text very small and hard to read. For those of us with aging eyes, this make surfing the Net difficult at times.

You can quickly and easily change the text size of an Web site you are viewing by clicking on page Text Size and choosing the setting that works best for you.

One of the problems is that as soon asyouI visit another page that specifies a certain font size you have to go back into the page text settings and adjust the text size again.

To prevent this from happening you can just turn off stylesheets in Internet Explorer by going to Tools, Internet Options and clicking on Accessibility. In this section I put a check in the first three boxes and now all pages display with the same size text.

You can experiment with the settings for the options that work best for you.

Or If you have a mouse with a wheel, you can hold down the Ctrl key and scroll with the mouse wheel until the text is the size you want.

regards
    Last edited by rbere; 26-01-10, 16:19.
    Regards Roy

Please note that images I restore are only temporarily kept on photobucket

Disclaimer:Benig distalgeesic ayn seplling mitsakes or incorrcet garmmar is puerly conicidnetal nad ni no way reflcets teh inetlligecne of teh authro.

Comment

Hello Rbere,I tried the scrolling dident do anything my page is in the middle of the page and measures about one inc across the page just wanted to check with you before doing anything else.

Bella

Comment

Rbere, I went to tools and did what you suggested but nothing happened.

Bella

Comment

sounds odd that if your husbands accont is ok then it must be your personal setting,s some laptops use the function

Fn- F7 This key combination toggles between the whole monitor and a tiny one.

Regards
          Regards Roy

Disclaimer:Benig distalgeesic ayn seplling mitsakes or incorrcet garmmar is puerly conicidnetal nad ni no way reflcets teh inetlligecne of teh authro.

Comment

another thing to try.

1. Open Display Settings by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, clicking Personalization, and then clicking Display Settings.
            2. Under Resolution, move the slider to the resolution you want, and then click Apply.

regards
            Regards Roy

Comment

Hello again Rere tried the fnf7 nothing so went see if i had any more messages then back again and low and behold everything back to normal so it must have worked so many thanks for your help but wondering what caused it

Bella

Comment

good i'm glad your sorted................maybe the cat changed it when you were not looking lol
                Regards Roy

Comment

Working...
                X