Bellhouse burial look up please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bellhouse burial look up please

I wonder if anyone can find the first and second wives' burials of Harry Wainwright Bellhouse? A fellow researcher has told me that Harry was buried at Marple churchyard in 1936 although he died at Altrincham.I wondered if his wives or one of them ,who died before him, were at Marple already,otherwise I've no idea why he would be there.
    The deaths were:

Phoebe Bellhouse age 35, ond 1900 at Birkenhead leaving Harry with 3 daughters aged 14 to 8

Sophia Bellhouse age 69,sep 1/4 1931at Altrincham

Thanks for looking

Liz

sorry,Phoebe was 45 when she died
    Last edited by congletonian; 26-01-10, 15:14. Reason: wrong age given
    my avatar is Emily Varndell Andrews,my paternal grandmother born 1891

Looks as if he had connections to the church - on the Family Search Pilot site there is a baptism of one of his daughters

Edith Bellhouse
    Christening date - 01 Jun 1892
    Christening place - St. Martin, Marple, Cheshire
    Father - Harry Wainwright Bellhouse
    Mother - Phoebe Bellhouse
    Residence: St. Martin, Low Marple, Cheshire, England

Source:
    Image number: 83
    Digital GS number: 4011816
    Film number: 1647519
    Collection: Cheshire Bishop's transcripts 1598-1900
    Elaine

Comment

Thankyou Elaine,yes that's his youngest daughter.The older,Harriet Annie was born in Altrincham and the next,Lilian was born on the Wirral.He was a police officer so moved about quite a bit and ended up back at Altrincham where he had been born.I know how much policemen had to move around as my dad was a cheshire policeman from 1946 to 1979 and we moved house within Cheshire with each of his promotions;quite a nomadic life as he reached a senior rank!!
      What puzzled me though is why he would be buried back in Marple as the Bellhouse family has no other connection with the place other than that he was a policeman there for a while??
      Thanks for giving me that baptism as I didn't have it.

Liz

Comment

just giving this a nudge as realized I put wrong death age!!

Liz

Comment

Phoebe was buried at Marple All Saints on 1 Nov 1900 - she was 44. Hope that helps . Not found anything on Sophia though

Comment

Hello Champagnegal

thankyou so much .That will be why Harry her husband went back to be buried with her 36 years later!! Only thing then is where was his second wife buried in 1931???

I'm very grateful to you for looking Phoebe up.

Liz

Comment

Working...
            X