Maps.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maps.......

Can someone please remind me of the name of a good site for maps? Thank you.
    Jen

Researching: Brandon.London/M/cr. Tyson.France/Mcr.

Do you mean old maps Jen? I always used
    Why is Old Maps no longer available? Over the last 10 years Landmark has partnered with the team at Old Maps to sell our historical mapping data to consumers keen to learn about local history or purchase printed maps for personal or decorative use. Viewing and printing these maps from the Old Maps website was […]

but have just had a look and the site seems to have changed. Give it a try anyway.
    Looking for Allinson, Barker, Bedford, Crosby, Emanuel, Glasby, Heseltine, Lister, Moorhouse, Morgan, Rees, Seymour, Sidwell, Summers, Tate, Turpin, Wilson

Comment

Thank you Maggy.
      Jen

Comment

This one's very good for London:

And doesn't Genuki have county maps - via a link?

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Quite a few on this wiki page:

http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...nd_Photography and there are also links to maps on each county page.
          Caroline
          Caroline's Family History Pages
          Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Thank you Christine.........I,m actually looking for a map going back 40 years of Chadderton, a suburb of Oldham. My eldest son was born there and he is very interested in seeing or having a picture of the house/street, as he was born at home. They were demolished about 1971 ish.
            I have googled till I'm blue in the face and even been on the Manchester gov site, hoping to try and find a picture...but theres nothing out there......so a map could be the last resort.
            Jen

Comment

It's always worthwhile looking for old maps on Ebay. I picked up a repro. 19th. century map of Sunderland and a couple of excellent 1920s Lake District OS maps for my daughter for not a lot of dosh.
              Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

All ready done that too UJ......nothing at the moment.

Will check out the site Caroline Thank you.
                Jen

Comment

Working...
                X