Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ancestry renewal due - help please Au or Uk ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry renewal due - help please Au or Uk ?

My subscription to Ancestry is due in a few days, I signed up last year for deal with Ancestry.au and have received renewal email with request to renew
    Annual UK Heritage 179 AUD = 100.66 GBP

However, when I log into Ancestry.UK page, and go to My Account Options... I get option to upgrade as follows:
    Annual Premium Membership 107.40 GBP

Is there any difference between the two packages? and if I chose to renew with Premium Membership on UK site, do I first need to cancel my membership with Au site?? or can I just click the upgrade button and all will be done?

Sorry if it sounds confusing!! I am confused about it all!

you can compare the differences here

Comment

Hi Val
      thanks for info, but unfortunately doesn't show comparison for my current subscription Annual UK heritage, I think I have access to all on Premium except Parish and Probate lists and irish collection

Is it possible to continue my subscription by upgrading on UK account page or do I first need to cancel my Au subscription ?
      Thanks

Comment

here is the price comparisons

Begin your discovery today by exploring the world's largest online family history resource!

if you only have a few days to do then I would do the upgrade but you could ring them and maybe get a special deal
        0800 404 9723

Comment

Does anyone know international telephone number for Ancestry UK please, for calling from abroad? Not 0800 freephone number...thanks

Comment

This link has a list of Ancestry contact numbers for different countries: http://ancestry.custhelp.com/cgi-bin...p_sid=yE-HJlMj
            Sarah

Comment

I've just cancelled my AU, quite a marked difference in price to the UK one.
              Jacky

Comment

Tilly Mint
                did you have to cancel your Au subscription, then apply for a new account with UK site? Take it my email address and password will still allow me access to my current tree and info?

Comment

Yes, i got a email to renew. Mine runs out the 1st week in Feb, so i will let it run out, i will get the UK one then. I told them why i'm cancelling in my email to them.

I've never had Ancestry before and, this is all new to me.
                  Jacky

Comment

It's possible to juggle subs. by using two different email addresses. I have yet to discover what happens when you reapply using address no. 1 again.
                    Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

This is another way to go, I am considering this way myself as I too have just cancelled my sub to Ancestry Au for next month.

Edna

Comment

Still not sure if able to renew and upgrade from my AU account to UK, so have decided to cancel my AU sub and then apply for new UK one
                        I have sent email to ask them to cancel subscription....not received an acknowledgement from them...is this the norm? would have expected an email at least to confirm cancellation

Comment

If you're worried whether they've received your cancellation by e-mail, why not phone them? See phone numbers in link in post #6.
                          Sarah

Comment

I cancelled my sub through the site itself, my account details section, and received an immediate response.

Comment

I too cancelled a few days ago and got an immediate response which I printed off as a precaution.

Edna

Comment

Thanks...just called them and been given a cancellation reference number

Comment

I've cancelled my oz ancestry sub but have the FTM 2010 - should I now install that or wait until my sub finishes next week?

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

Originally posted by JBee View Post
                                    I've cancelled my oz ancestry sub but have the FTM 2010 - should I now install that or wait until my sub finishes next week?
                                    [QUOTE Val wish Id never started]
                                    View Profile View Forum Posts Private Message View Blog Entries View Articles Add as Contact
                                    Well Pleased Ancestry renewal
                                    I bought the 2010 FTM with 6 months free Essentials and upgraded to premium for a year cost ?? £41.69 thought that was excellent .
                                    Even with purchasing the Disc it only cost me £71.69 instead of £107.40 [/QUOTE]

I would wait til the sub au ends then phone up UK sub with the above quote in mind with the option that suits you

Edna
                                    Last edited by clematised; 28-01-10, 00:34.

Comment

Does the FTM 2010 come with different subs - Mine has World on it.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

Working...
                                      X