Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can anyone help me please,hope this is the right place.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can anyone help me please,hope this is the right place.

i have seen on ancestry that edward holder born 1797 and died 1846 there is something in the uk extracted probate records in gloucestershire,anyone help me please,i have asked elsewhere but no answers.thankyou. brenda xxxx

Bren,

Have moved your thread to Research Qs & As - more suitable for your query.

You say you have found Edward Holder on Ancestry in the UK Extracted Probate records in Gloucestershire - I can´t see anything under this heading, but there are some entries under the UK Extracted Parish Records. Was that what you meant?

These don´t seem to give you any information whatsoever - in fact I have often wondered why they are included on Ancestry. All it gives is the name and the database collection name, e.g. Edward Holder - Taynton Collection - or Edward Holder - Gloucester collection, etc- They don´t give you any indication of date either so it could refer to something going back as the early 1500s.

Sorry can´t be of more help.
    Elaine

Comment

i beleive it did go back as they were land owners in taynton and had helped rebuild the church.thankyou brenda xxxx

Comment

Have found the probate entry now - this is all it says on Ancestry

Holder, Edward, Gloucester 96
        Book: Burialls 1604. (Burial)
        Collection: Gloucestershire: - Wills Proved in The Court of Bishop of Gloucester, 1660-1800

.. so looks as if it is too early for your Edward.
        Elaine

Comment

thankyou elaine......iwas hoping to be in the money lol.i know my mum said one of her holder ancsters was given land,her father wouldnt let her have it.would love to know if its true.we beleive the church got it.xxxx

Comment

Working...
          X