Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• photo enhancement

Hi fairly new to this forum

I have accumulated several photo's and quite a lot are of poor quality, this one is of my grandma Elizabeth Jefferies taken at Mablethorpe I was only a small boy when i met her and to be honest cannot remember her. Anyway this is the only photo i have of her but its quality is poor.and somewhat out of focus.

sorry it seems to have come out with a purplish tinge
    Last edited by rbere; 23-01-10, 17:40.
    Regards Roy

Please note that images I restore are only temporarily kept on photobucket

Disclaimer:Benig distalgeesic ayn seplling mitsakes or incorrcet garmmar is puerly conicidnetal nad ni no way reflcets teh inetlligecne of teh authro.

Hope this is a little better rbere
    Jen

Researching: Brandon.London/M/cr. Tyson.France/Mcr.

Comment

Thanks jenny that's a big improvement, .........can i ask what software you use i have several programs ;but lack the know how on restoring these old photo's

Regards
      Regards Roy

Disclaimer:Benig distalgeesic ayn seplling mitsakes or incorrcet garmmar is puerly conicidnetal nad ni no way reflcets teh inetlligecne of teh authro.

Comment

Quick clean from me.

Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

I'm using elements 7 rbere Adobe Photoshop
          Jen

Researching: Brandon.London/M/cr. Tyson.France/Mcr.

Comment

thanks Wendy when you say a quick clean are there simple steps to do this?

Not really got into this photo editing ;however do have paintshop pro9, coral paintshop pro X1, and Adoby photoshop 7

Regards
            Regards Roy

Comment

I have Photoshop 7.

You want to find some tutorials on the internet to show you how to do restorations. That is really the way to learn.

One of our members, Britec, has made several videos.

Wendy

Comment

Thanks will check out Britec's tutorials.

Regards
                Regards Roy

Comment

Hi Wendy

Your restores are looking good.

Comment

Ok been playing with it what do you think

regards
                    Regards Roy

Comment

Ok here's another mod tried different way's of sharpening without loosing quality,

Regards Roy

Comment

Well done. Those are good Rbere.

Keep practising.
                        Wendy

Comment

thanks Wendy big learning curve perhaps helps that my hobby is watercolour painting .... although finding the right tool is a bit frustrating.

Tried to colourise here

Regards Roy

Comment

Working...
                          X