Ancestry parish records images - advice please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry parish records images - advice please

I dont what does it but sometimes I have a nice clear image of the page another time, I can go to the same page and it has like a ripple effect over it and I cant read it. Does anyone else have this happen?

Yes. it looks as rather like some mesh has been laid over it - fortunately the part of the image I wanted was clear enough to read, I think it was a page in St Mary Lewisham

Comment

I've had the same thing lately. Sometimes, if I'm lucky, changing the magnification setting brings up a correct image.

I assumed it must be my PC as I knew some of the dodgy images were ones I'd viewed before without a problem. I'll email Ancestry now I know it's a more general problem.
      Gillian
      User page: http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...ustGillian-117

Comment

No, its strange because Ill find a page and then I want to go back or something to check on it and there it is with this rippled mesh over it. Its the same page, so I know it cant be the original image problem.

Comment

When I have that problem I just go back and reload the page again, and the image is OK then.
          Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

I just assumed it was a bad image ?? wish I'd known to reload the page thanks Wendy

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
              I just assumed it was a bad image ?? wish I'd known to reload the page thanks Wendy
              Mee too, Val. I'll know better next time. I thought the bit with the mesh over it had been censored!!
              Anne

Comment

Me too folks, and like Heather I found that it only occurred sometimes on a page. Next time I went back to look at it things were fine. How strange

Comment

I've had the same thing happen as well lately. As others above have found, reloading the page usually fixes it.

Comment

Originally posted by WendyPusey View Post
                    When I have that problem I just go back and reload the page again, and the image is OK then.
                    Yep ditto Wendy.. I think its a 'loading' problem, sometimes they take ages another it just zips along nicely.. but like you say go back and reload and its fine.
                    Julie
                    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

I get this too, but if I hold down SHIFT and the hit the 'refresh' button, it usually reloads with a fresh, clear image. I'm using IE8 and I think the problem may be with this browser. Is anyone getting this problem with a different browser?
                      Looking for Bysh, Potter, Littleton, Parke, Franks, Sullivan, Gosden, Carroll, Hurst, Churcher, Covell, Elverson, Giles, Hawkins, Witherden...

Comment

Originally posted by Somerset Sal View Post
                        I get this too, but if I hold down SHIFT and the hit the 'refresh' button, it usually reloads with a fresh, clear image. I'm using IE8 and I think the problem may be with this browser. Is anyone getting this problem with a different browser?
                        I'm using IE7 so the problem occurs with that version too.

Comment

I've had the problem with firefox as well.
                          Kit

Comment

Working...
                          X