1911 census

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1911 census

If someone could do a look up and if possible copies I would be very grateful.

I am looking for an Esther Gotobed born 1904 West Ham and her future husband Thomas Evett born 1902 West Ham.

These are the parents of my uncle who is now 82, he doesn't know anything about his mother as she died when he was four and he was sent to Dr. Bernardo's. I said I would try and help, I have found her birth, marriage and death but a copy of the census would be wonderful to have, also a copy of his father.

Many thanks to anyone that can help.

I haven't got a subscription but if it's any help -
    Living with Esther in West Ham Essex are William 39 - Ann 34 - George 8 and Albert 3.
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Just found the image for Thomas Evett so can send that too.

By the way, a friend of mine is researching Gotobed names but the family changed their name to Gordon. Her ancestors are from Ely, Cambridgeshire where there are a number of families with this unusual name.
      Margaret

Comment

Thank you for that Chrissie, how did you get that much info without a subscription?

Comment

Hi Margaret

Have emailed you.

I will keep in mind the Ely connection. Maybe somewhere further back I will find a link.

Many thanks - Teresa

Comment

Yes, how can you get information without a subscription please, as there is someone I would like to look up?
            Stella passed away December 2014

Comment

For Terri and Stella -

You find the person you are looking for and note the place they are living in.
              Go to search again and put in just the surname and place where living and in the box that say other person living there you put the name of the person you found. This should bring up the others living there. This didn't work with Thomas Evett though as there were 2 Thomas Evetts living in West Ham, so I got a long list of both families.
              Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Thank for that Chrissie - will now give it a go.

Comment

Thanks Chrissie - will give that a go too.
                  Stella passed away December 2014

Comment

Working...
                  X