X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are the death entries?

I am looking for a death entry for the following two people;

William Farenden (Farrenden).

A search of the of Ancestry London, England, Deaths and Burials, 1813-1980 gives me this match.

London, England, Deaths and Burials, 1813-1980
    William Farrenden born c 1786
    Burial - 5 Apr 1857
    Age at burial - 71
    Parish: West Hackney Church, West Hackney - Middlesex

But I can not find a death certificate entry for him.

Can anyone see it?

I am also looking for a death entry got Joseph Dummett

Here he is in 1841 in Mark Somerset aged 40.

Begin your discovery today by exploring the world's largest online family history resource!

His wife died in 1843.

I can not find him in the 1851 census. I did track his 2nd yougest son Joseph but he was not with his father. I could not see an entry for his yougest Edwin.

Thanks for looking.
    Last edited by Elaine ..Spain; 23-01-10, 08:31. Reason: Post edited - please do not copy and paste from sites such as Ancestry as it violates copyright. Thanks.

William's death registration - from freeBMD on Ancestry

William Fa[R_]Enden - obviously a problem with original image and the transcriber has been unable to decipher the correct spelling of name.
    1857 Jan-Feb-Mar
    Hackney vol 1b, page 182
    Elaine

Comment

Hi - could this be Joseph??
      Deaths Dec 1843
      DUMMETT Joseph Langport 10 313
      or later with a middle name -
      Deaths Dec 1863
      Dummett Joseph Pearce Poole 5a 201

Comment

Thanks very much.

The two dummett death entries are not my guy as I have these certs.

I wonder what happened to him?

Comment

My ggg grandfather died in 1856 but there is no burial certificate. I only know when he died from the Parish record of burials. He was aged 88 with a distinctive name so I'm sure its him. I got a couple of wrong certificates in my hunt before it dawned on me that his death really wasn't registered. (Tried the local register offices as well)

Anne

Comment

Originally posted by oliveriles View Post
            I am looking for a death entry for the following two people;

William Farenden (Farrenden).

A search of the of Ancestry London, England, Deaths and Burials, 1813-1980 gives me this match.

London, England, Deaths and Burials, 1813-1980
            William Farrenden born c 1786
            Burial - 5 Apr 1857
            Age at burial - 71
            Parish: West Hackney Church, West Hackney - Middlesex

But I can not find a death certificate entry for him.

Can anyone see it?

I am also looking for a death entry got Joseph Dummett

Here he is in 1841 in Mark Somerset aged 40.

Begin your discovery today by exploring the world's largest online family history resource!

His wife died in 1843.

I can not find him in the 1851 census. I did track his 2nd yougest son Joseph but he was not with his father. I could not see an entry for his yougest Edwin.

Thanks for looking.
            Hi, re Joseph Dummett,
            He remarried in 1845, in Mark , Charlotte Sheppard dtr of a widow originally frm Bedminster, who was younger than his dtr Caroline. Ihave failed to find evidence of his death, but in 1849, Charlotte Dummett remarried Richaed Sims in Bristol and they were living in Bedminster in 1851. My interest is Caroline. A Caroline Dummett, my Gt Gt Gdmother m Wm G Mitchell in Easton Bristol 25 Dec 1850 and moved to Birm abt 1853. Her Wed. Cert gives Joseph Dummett, mason as father. I cannot be certain she is the same person, but it is very probable. I have more on Dummetts and Counsells (his wife), but local historians have details of Counsells and Urch family bact to mid 16th C. Hope this helps. What is your relationship.
            butlerp
            Canada
            PS There are a Charlotte and Caroline Dummett of Wilton in IGI records. There is no direct connection.

Comment

Hi I am looking for information on Joseph Edward Dummett born Abt 1814, fathers name possibly Edward. The only information that I have is that he appeared to have spent half of his first 16 years in Bridewell. He was sentenced to transportation at the Bristol Quarter Sessions in Apr 1830. Any information gladly received.

Alan

Comment

Originally posted by aladdin1963 View Post
                Hi I am looking for information on Joseph Edward Dummett born Abt 1814, fathers name possibly Edward. The only information that I have is that he appeared to have spent half of his first 16 years in Bridewell. He was sentenced to transportation at the Bristol Quarter Sessions in Apr 1830. Any information gladly received.

Alan
                This poster has not been in here for some time now.
                You can try making contact via clicking on the members user name which will give you the option to sent a Private message, which the member will receive if their e mail account is still active.
                Welcome to the forum and if we can help you then just ask us on the Family History Forum

Edna

Comment

Originally posted by clematised View Post
                  This poster has not been in here for some time now.
                  You can try making contact via clicking on the members user name which will give you the option to sent a Private message, which the member will receive if their e mail account is still active.
                  Welcome to the forum and if we can help you then just ask us on the Family History Forum

Edna
                  Thanks I will try that. I really dont expect to find any information on my Joseph Edward Dummett but I will keep trying.

alan

Comment

Working...
                  X