Walter Prestidge's account of 'his' WW1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walter Prestidge's account of 'his' WW1

My O.H's Grandad was born in 1889 and we knew he had won the Military Cross but when visiting his very elderly sister this week she gave us a box of photos etc and amongst all the stuff was a two page account, handwritten by him, of his actions during WW1. Battles, who he was serving under at time time, dates, etc. a real treasure trove of information.

I had spoken to Auntie before about him since starting the Tree and then about 8 years later this turns up up....you never know what you mind find

Linda
    Last edited by Loopy Linda in La La Land; 23-01-10, 15:54.

What a lovely find, Linda. Lucky you.
    Elaine

Comment

How fantastic!

I'd have thought that the War Museum would welcome a scan of that, if your family is willing.

Or his regimental museum?

Christine
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Never thought of that Christine. I shall get in touch with them.

Linda

Comment

Oh, lucky you Linda - finds like that are a real bonus to the FH

Comment

Working...
          X