Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why can't I save Ancestry records to my computer

Evening all,
    I haven't been on Ancestry for ages as I had a break and then my laptop broke! Now I am back up and running I have found that I can't save a record to my computer as the only option is to save to my shoebox or tree! I am sure its just me and that there must be a button somewhere that I am just not seeing! Please can anyone help? Also, I am not getting an image for this particular record, is it beacause I am on the free 14 day trial?
    Many Thanks
    Teresa

I had this problem 2 days ago. it was like that for a day but fine the following day, sorry I can't tell you what cured it its darned frustrating

Comment

Thanks, I'll wait until tomorrow then to see if its cured!
      Tessie

Comment

I do have trouble now saving the transcription which Ancestry want you to save to your shoebox, but have never had trouble with the original census image. At one time you used to be able to save the transcription to your computer. I like to save both as the transcription gives you all the details. Will watch to see if their methods change again. Until then I will stick with FMP trans and images which are easier to download.

Janet

Comment

Teresa

I have found that I cannot save records to my PC if Protected internet mode is switched on. There is an icon like a little globe on my bottom tool bar and if you double click you can turn it off temporarily and then save the records as normal. This is apparently true for anyone with this mode on their PC.
          Hope it does the trick for you.
          Helen in Glos

Comment

Just to add to Helen's post - the problem with saving Ancestry images when Protected Mode is enabled is an issue in Internet Explorer. So to resolve that particular issue, you can either disable Protected Mode as Helen suggests, or use a different browser (such as Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, etc.). I think Teresa is encountering a different problem though? With no option to save images to computer?
            Sarah

Comment

Working...
            X