Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Talking of finding people in 1911 Can anybody find this lot ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talking of finding people in 1911 Can anybody find this lot ?

:(Have tried everything to find this family in 1911

Mother Florence Rachel Brown born 1882 Whitechapel
    Father Samuel Brown born 1879 Wallsall Staffordshire ?? Labourer
    he may not be with family .
    Children
    Frances Elizabeth 1901 Staines
    Eleanor Rose 1902 West Ham Essex
    Caroline Rachel 1904 West Ham Essex
    Samuel 1908 West Ham Essex

Any ideas at all please ?

The 3 youngest children may have been in a workhouse by 1911 not sure and Samuel is supposed to have died young .

Hi Val

I have found a Florence Brown b. 1882 Poplar. Don't have a sub to the 1911 census, but hope this helps.
    There is also an Ellen b. 1901 West Ham and a Caroline b. 1905 West Ham.
    I found when I put West Ham in they didn't come up, but if you leave it blank you can see them. It might be just me but have a look!
    Last edited by Terrianne; 22-01-10, 22:34.

Comment

If Florence married again, they might all be under the new surname until they reached 21?

Christine
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I have found a Nellie(short for Eleanor ??) Brown (b 1903) in West ham Union Infirmary in the 1911 - still looking for the other children though, no sign of the adults as of yet

Comment

oh you clever lot Terrianne that certainly does look like them thanks ,and Champagnegal thats where they were supposed to be and I could not find them
          Thanks to you both so much
          Thanks Christine I tried that tried all sorts of variations

Comment

that Nellie certainly does look right thanks , Ellen too ,Caroline isnt though she is aged 41 its a transcription error, and sadly nor is Florence right.

Comment

Oh you fabulous people! It never occurred to me that Nellie could be Elleanor!
              Thanks heaps!

Comment

Any more help please

That was Eleanor thanks , but still cannot find the rest of them

Comment

Val have found a death for a Samuel Garner Brown b 1877 and died 1909 in West Ham, did your Samuel have a middle name at all ?. Have llooked in the births for 1877, 1878 and 1879 for a Samuel garner Brown and it doesn't exist so was wondering if it was one of your missing family ?

Comment

hi and thanks Champagnegal I dont think thats him he never had a middle name , but thanks for looking .
                    I really would like to find the kids more than anything .

Comment

Working...
                    X