• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is ancestry down for everyone?

I can't get on!!
    If it's to be, it's up to me.
    Searching for:
    English: Brewerton, Wilkes, Edwards, Broughton, Piercy, Brundred, Homer, Parry, Wynn, Nock, Noden, Standley and Taylor.

Scottish: McDougall,Gemmell, Hunter, Stewart, Campbell, Downs, Galt, Frew, Hill, Hand, Main, Thomson, McLarty and Murdock.

I've got a "Check back soon" maintenance message.
    Elaine

Comment

Same here...
      Liz

Comment

Thanks Elain, at least its not my comp.
        If it's to be, it's up to me.
        Searching for:
        English: Brewerton, Wilkes, Edwards, Broughton, Piercy, Brundred, Homer, Parry, Wynn, Nock, Noden, Standley and Taylor.

Scottish: McDougall,Gemmell, Hunter, Stewart, Campbell, Downs, Galt, Frew, Hill, Hand, Main, Thomson, McLarty and Murdock.

Comment

Some parts seem to be working if you can get in via a link, rather than trying to access via the home page, for example Card catalogue - Census
          If you can get in using that link you might be able to navigate to other things you need.

Found this on the Ancestry Blog
          Please be aware that the Ancestry.com Family Tree Service will undergo scheduled maintenance on Thursday 21 January 2010, from 12:00 AM to 3:00 AM Mountain Standard Time.
          This tree service downtime will affect Ancestry Member Trees, OneWorldTree, our new Tree To Go iPhone app, some portions of My Canvas, the sections of the Home Page that are related to Member Trees, and the sections of MyFamily.com 2.0 that are related to Member Trees. Other than that, all other areas of the site will remain functional.
          For the vast majority of our members living outside Mountain Daylight Time, 12:00 – 3:00 AM MDT is the same as…
          Coordinated Universal Time: 07:00 – 10:00 AM
          In London: 7:00 – 10:00 AM
          In Melbourne: 6:00 – 9:00 PM
          In San Francisco: 11:00 PM – 2:00 AM
          In New York: 2:00 – 5:00 AM
          In Moscow: 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM
          In Rome: 8:00 – 11:00 AM
          In Tokyo: 4:00 – 7:00 PM
          Elaine

Comment

Hope you are not having the same problems as I am,Ancestry refuses to let me log in since the shutdown!!

Comment

You are not alone, I have been trying to log in for 20 minutes and it dosnt recognise me.
              Lets hope it resloves itself shortly.

Comment

That's the first time I have seen the check back notice with other language translations!:(
                Last edited by Vivienne; 22-01-10, 09:42.
                Vivienne passed away July 2013

Comment

It wouldn't let me log in - nor will it allow me to "see your updates in context" - the direct link from their email to me!

At least I'm not alone. This kind of thread is an advantage attached to membership of a site like this that I hadn't particularly thought of before.

Christine
                  Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I just realised the boy with the noose isn't there!!!!:D

Comment

Oh I'm so pleased it isn't just me. It says my log in is wrong but it won't send me an e-mail to tell me what my log in and passwords are.

Have you notice how it always happens just when you are longing to look for something :D
                      Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

It's open!!!!!

Comment

I'm back in.
                          Elaine

Comment

Phewwwww it's remembered me at last
                            Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

me too yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
                              Julie
                              They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

I have just come back in to my computer after a power cut all morning...let me do some writing up of new research on my tree which Elaine has been helping me with. Had a few more eureka moments about my poor grandmother.
                                Liz

Comment

Working...
                                X