Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Record Office: ACTIONED London Metropolitan Archives, London - no longer needed

With Elaine's help, I have discovered what look like my Hickman ancestors in St Pancras Workhouse, Camden around 1867-8.

Workhouse is the abode when Wm & Elizabeth baptised 2 children at St Pancras Old Church. Assuming it will be St Pancras Workhouse where they resided. Their previous addresses were St Pancras.

A/c to what I have googled, The Met Archives hold:

St Pancras Workhouse: Admissions/discharges (1868-72, 1916-30); Births (1871-1923); Baptisms (1874-82, 1898-1904); Deaths (1871-1909); Creed registers (1869-1929)

Leavesden School: Admissions and discharges (1870-1932); Creed registers (1870-1931); Lists of pauper children (1870-1931).

I think the St Pancras Poor Law Guardians (?) opened Leavesden.

Have not been able to accurately find the parents of the family in subsequent census or BMD records. One of the children died (probably in the Workhouse). Would be great if someone could look up the Workhouse records and check out further information on them.

There is no rush...

UPDATE: Have found the admission on Ancestry in the Porter's admissions for St Pancras Workhouse:

On 8/10/1867 Elizabeth Hickman aged 24, Elizabeth aged 4 1/2, William aged 3 were admitted to the Workhouse at 5.02. (am?). No husband with them. As Frances was born 13 December, Elizabeth would have been about 7 months pregnant.

It looks like their info will not be contained in the above lists. So won't need this help now. Many thanks.
    Last edited by Liz from Lancs; 22-01-10, 06:19.
    Liz
Working...
X