Joseph Walter Pickerill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joseph Walter Pickerill

For some reason Ancestry images won't load for me today, I can see the transcript but nowt else

Could someone tell me the employment of Joseph in 1901?

RG13 piece 3853 f 46 p28 hoping he might be a teacher which would fit in with a family story

Originally posted by Jill on the A272 View Post
    For some reason Ancestry images won't load for me today, I can see the transcript but nowt else

Could someone tell me the employment of Joseph in 1901?

RG13 piece 3853 f 46 p28 hoping he might be a teacher which would fit in with a family story

It shows he's a school master
    Margaret

Comment

Whoopee!

Thanks Margaret!

I'm doing a friends tree and she said her mum remembers visiting a great aunt during the war who was married to a headmaster, think this is him early in his career

Comment

Glad to be of help. Yes, it looks like he's just starting out as he's a boarder in the household too.
        Margaret

Comment

I don't think that the middle name on the schedule is "Walter". The handwriting is "challenging", but there's a t at the end of the name, I'd have thought?

I agree that he's a school master.

EDIT: I've found the same one in 1891 : RG12/2722 Folio 15 Page 23
          He's a pupil teacher, aged 17. The middle name is Herbert.

Christine
          Last edited by Christine in Herts; 20-01-10, 18:16.
          Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I think that that Joseph may have been baptised 15 OCT 1876 Saint Andrews, Derby [C139121] - but without a middle name.

Christine
            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

He shows up in 1911 in Haslingden (RG14PN24723 RG78PN1418 RD471 SD2 ED9 SN275) with his Southam-born wife of eight years, Hetty May (no children - at all).

EDIT: The marriage of Joseph Herbert PICKERELL and his wife (spelled Hettie) appears on LancsBMD.

That surname spelling is consistent across a number of records I've found.

Christine
              Last edited by Christine in Herts; 20-01-10, 18:30.

Comment

Thankyou Margaret & Christine, I'm able to see Ancestry images today, I thought he was going to be Joseph Herbert, it's his wife Hetty who is my friends relation (the name Hetty is still common in her family) and she is trying to work out who the people her mum remembers visiting in Wales were - both Hetty & her brother died there so we are getting warm!

Comment

Working...
                X