• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Record Office: Nuneaton Library lookup help please

Hi
    Is anyone going to Nuneaton Library
    i am looking for information
    Title Old Nuneaton :: Scrapbook of newspaper articles from Midland daily Tribune 1955.: Author Jebbett, A.E. Publisher 1955. Classification number 942.48 Nuneaton ISBN w0287099

AE jebbett is my g Uncle , would love to know more about his articles

Jebbo;D

Jebbett, Jebson, Goodman, White, Brown, Savory, Salisbury, Wheway, Hastings,
    Lenton, Perkins, Croshaw, Mallabone, Downey, Ring, Bergen, McConkey, Murphy.
    ( avatar Mum and Dad )

Nudge Still looking for information , please if anyone is going to Nuneaton Library could they check for me please

jebbo

( avatar Mum and Dad )

Comment

OK, GOT TO THE LIBRARY THIS MORNING Wed 22 Aug. The Scrapbook by A.E. Jebbitt is stored in the closed racks and CANNOT be taken from the library. It is a collection of articles printed in the MIDLAND Counties Tribune in 1955 and 1956.
      Series 1 (55) 1-38, Series 2 (56) 1-16. He had an interest in early Nuneaton history/tales/facts/fiction and wrote articles about events 50 years earlier. The Tribune is on Microfiche and I was able to get a copy of 1st article BUT VERRY BAD IMAGE. Not readable when printed. Article 2 better, also Article 37 from 1955. I am on vacation and will scan into an email attachment and send to you. Pleas sent email address to [email address supplied - contact by PM to obtain it]. If you would like the HARD copies of what I have sent address and wil mail them to you. I will be returning to Nuneaton next summer or the summer after if you wish more info.

Sorry to edit your post - but you may have missed that the T&Cs of the site don't allow posting of email addresses on the open boards. If someone sends a PM they can get the address from you discreetly. - Christine (and welcome to FTF!)
      Last edited by Christine in Herts; 26-08-12, 16:43.

Comment

OK, small world after all. Mentioned doing lookup at library on Scrapebook by A.E. Jebbett, and I was told that my cousin is friends with A.E.'s daughter judith. Please send your email address so I can provide to Judith Jebbett Jones.

Comment

HI ttmatftf

Thankyou for checking will pm you my email addy
          would love any info Uncle Albert wrote

Jebbo

Originally posted by ttmatftf View Post
          OK, GOT TO THE LIBRARY THIS MORNING Wed 22 Aug. The Scrapbook by A.E. Jebbitt is stored in the closed racks and CANNOT be taken from the library. It is a collection of articles printed in the MIDLAND Counties Tribune in 1955 and 1956.
          Series 1 (55) 1-38, Series 2 (56) 1-16. He had an interest in early Nuneaton history/tales/facts/fiction and wrote articles about events 50 years earlier. The Tribune is on Microfiche and I was able to get a copy of 1st article BUT VERRY BAD IMAGE. Not readable when printed. Article 2 better, also Article 37 from 1955. I am on vacation and will scan into an email attachment and send to you. Pleas sent email address to [email address supplied - contact by PM to obtain it]. If you would like the HARD copies of what I have sent address and wil mail them to you. I will be returning to Nuneaton next summer or the summer after if you wish more info.

Sorry to edit your post - but you may have missed that the T&Cs of the site don't allow posting of email addresses on the open boards. If someone sends a PM they can get the address from you discreetly. - Christine (and welcome to FTF!)

( avatar Mum and Dad )

Comment

Working...
          X