Real player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real player

I have Real Player installed on my PC and now for a silly question ~ sorry members. Why do I need Real Player as I have all the Windows Media type programmes. I have never downloaded music but I do listen to the promotion DVD's that some sites come up with and listen to BBC i Player.

Do any of these programmes use this medium or can I delete Real Player? Main reason for wishing to delete this programme is that I have a permanent message come up on my desktop and nothing I do gets rid of it.
    Margaret N
    DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

When you first get a pc it comes with a lot of software you probably will never use, Realplayer is one of them. I personaly don't like it and prefer windows media player, both media player and realplayer are just programs that basically do the same thing

If the only reason you want to remove it, is the pop up then you may be able to stop this, could be listed in the msconfig startup list
    otherwise i see no reson why you should not delete it.

Regards
    Regards Roy

Please note that images I restore are only temporarily kept on photobucket

Disclaimer:Benig distalgeesic ayn seplling mitsakes or incorrcet garmmar is puerly conicidnetal nad ni no way reflcets teh inetlligecne of teh authro.

Comment

RealPlayer used to be required to listen to some of the BBC radio stations online, as not all of them were available for Windows Media Player. But I think the BBC have since replaced all this with its iPlayer, so it should no longer be an issue.
      Some other sites may still require RealPlayer though, but you can always reinstall it at a later date if you need it.
      :smilee:

By the way, none of my computers have ever come with RealPlayer preinstalled. Windows Media Player yes, but not RealPlayer.
      Sarah

Comment

rbere,
        Thank you for your reply I have had a look around and no idea where to find MS misfig. May I suggest and no offence intended at all but when you reply to members like myself can you please use Old English. Computers to many of us are for using when they work and this hi-tech jargon is difficult. I am having trouble with Paint Shop having just installed it. I still have not been able to log onto the internet so that I can update it. This is because I need to configure it but again no idea how and if I did just which boxes to check. What I think I am trying to say I go as far as installing and unistalling a programme but when it comes to Registry and Paths well that is alien to me more like Star Wars that have just won the NBA.
        I really mean no offence meant in anyway and do appreciate your reply.

Sarah, Many thanks as well I think I will uninstall it as the programme gives me that option and as you say you can always download it again.
        Last edited by Margaret N; 20-01-10, 22:09.
        Margaret N

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Hi Margret

Sorry if the info was over your head, I do try to explain things as simple as i can most of the time? and must admit when i first started with pc's I wouldn't have had a clue if someone mentioned msconfig.

I feel you have done the right thing to uninstall real player however

Msconfig is a place where you can stop programes starting up when your pc starts and should you wanted to keep real player then i would have directed you to the startup menu where you could untick anything that had realplayer in it.

Click here for a step by step guide

Not sure what problem you have with your internet would need more info on how far you got and what problems you are having.

PSP8 should work fine on vista the error you are getting is not to do with PSP8 ;but with macromedia flash player.

You will neeed to download this and install .... Click here

Regards
          Regards Roy

Disclaimer:Benig distalgeesic ayn seplling mitsakes or incorrcet garmmar is puerly conicidnetal nad ni no way reflcets teh inetlligecne of teh authro.

Comment

rbere,

Great I understand all that information thank you. I have had a PC for some twelve years and can sort many things but like others we get stuck on odds and ends. Surprise, surprise I often set up other peoples PC's and get them started. A secret between us is that after all this time - I was unable to use my PC last weekend due to a personal problem and I actually got my husband to send an email for me. He has now sent his 'First ever email' so full brownie points for him. What will be next maybe a text message.

Sorry about the typing but all the text is runing into a thick line like it did on change over day and I cannot tell some words apart.
            The text size is so small on this edit it is about minus 0.1
            We no longer seem to have preview button but I am sure that they will sort for us in the end. It must be hard work and it is a super site to use.
            Last edited by Margaret N; 21-01-10, 21:48.
            Margaret N

Comment

I agree the type size in the reply box is small

To overcome this problem untill they get it sorted:-

Hold the CTRL button on your keyboard then use your scroll wheel to increase the text size(or if you have no scroll wheel use the + or -

Regards

ps there is a preview button avaiable
              Regards Roy

Comment

I love VLC player, plays just about every media format.

Comment

Working...
                X