Help needed with Turner headache please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed with Turner headache please

I have recently got back into my tree and have a Caroline who had left her husband and was living with another family during the 1881 census. As the 1881 states Caroline as a sister in law, and the wifes name matched a sister of Caroline, i made the obvious connections. Now i think i may be wrong and i have been going round in circles all afternoon trying to find the answers...without luck.

In 1881 i have Caroline White living with the following family in Lambeth: Thomas Turner age 30 born America, Julia Turner aged 30 born Truro Cornwall and Albert Turner aged 13 born Pimlico Middlesex.

My Caroline was born in Helston Cornwall and has amongst others a sister Julia Ann. l have all census records for the both of them up to 1861 when Julia was listed as Juliana aged 13 in Cornwall. However I can find no sign of Julia in 1871, nor of Albert Turner who would have been 3 years old, or a credible Thomas H Turner either. In 1881 he states he comes from America, but in 1901 when i can pick him up again,he states Canada.

I have all relevant records for Caroline, but i am trying to sort out who Julia was, and in turn Thomas Turner.

In 1901 Thomas Turner was married to Charlotte, the widow of Caroline's son Wiilliam, and was raising the three children of Charlotte and William as well as two children he had with Charlotte.

I would really appreciate either some help or clarity with the matter. The only thing i can come up with is that Thomas Turner and/or Julia and Albert were overseas in 1871 and 1891? I haven't found a death notice for with of them yet, so can't think of anything else.

Thanks

Yvette
Working...
X