Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help trying to find Annie please

Hi

I was hoping someone might have a suggestion on how to find ANNIE LOUISA FENWICK in any census.
    She was born on 28th March 1878 in Holborn reg district. Died 26th Dec 1973 in Devon.

She married Thomas H Todd in 1913 in Islington reg district.

They had 6 children from 1913 to 1926, all children born in Holborn or Pancras. They were both quite old (for that era) when the children were born.

I've tried to find her in 1911, 1901, 1891, and 1881 but no joy. I have tried different variations on the spelling of her name, I've even just put Fen* but still can't find her.

She's got to be in that area of London, I was thinking of accents and what the enumerator would hear Fenwick would be pronounced Fennick wouldn't it?

Sandra

Do you know her parents' names?
    Jackie

Comment

Hi Jackie

No I don't. I'm actually trying to find her for a friend of mine, her granddaughter actually, who only knew her as Granny Annie.

If I don't find her by the end of today, I'll have to tell my friend that shes going to have to invest in Annies birth cert.
      Last edited by Sandra; 19-01-10, 11:48.

Comment

The reason I asked was that there is a baptism on the LMA records for Annie Louisa Fenwick in Clerkenwell and it gives her dob as Nov. 15th 1878. I can't see a birth reg for one with a dob of 28th March 1878.
        Jackie

Comment

I couldn't see her on there last night, mind you I did have square eyes by then!

I got her birthdate from her death date details, but then again, the death date details are only as good as the informant. That is probably her actual birth date, as the birth reg is for the last quarter in 1878, which I thought was a bit odd at the time and that maybe her parents didn't regester until later.

Thank you so much.

Sandra x

Comment

Could this be them on 1881 census? Someone has added names to it.

RG11; Piece: 352; Folio: 7; Page: 8; GSU roll: 1341076.
            Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Argg I think I've got the wrong person!!

I've just rang my friend to say that I had her baptism now, but she is adament that her Granny Annies birthday was the 28th March..... I have just looked at her death and seen it says Annie JANE Todd - (nee Fenwick), so goodness knows where she got the name Louisa from!

Back to the drawing board. But the only birth I can see in that area in 1878 is Annie Louisa's!!

I can't get a birth cert for her, if I can't find her birth....or do you think Annie Louisa is Granny Annie and whoever was the informant put Jane as a middle name?

Her death is
              Name: Annie Jane Todd
              Birth Date: 28 Mar 1878
              Death Registration Month/Year: 1973
              Registration district: Torbay
              Inferred County: Devonshire
              Volume: 7a
              Page: 2354

Comment

Originally posted by Sandra View Post
                I've just rang my friend to say that I had her baptism now, but she is adament that her Granny Annies birthday was the 28th March..... I have just looked at her death and seen it says Annie JANE Todd - (nee Fenwick), so goodness knows where she got the name Louisa from!

Back to the drawing board. But the only birth I can see in that area in 1878 is Annie Louisa's!!

I can't get a birth cert for her, if I can't find her birth....or do you think Annie Louisa is Granny Annie and whoever was the informant put Jane as a middle name?
                If she was really Annie Louisa then her birth date and her middle name would have been wrong.

Just a thought but she would have been 35ish when she married Thomas Todd. Do you think there could have been a previous marriage and that Fenwick wasn't her birth name? If you're sure that's the right marriage perhaps your friend would need to get the marriage cert
                Jackie

Comment

I hadn't thought that this could be a second marriage.

Def right marriage to Thomas Todd although he died before my friend was born (she was born 1957) she knew granddads name was Tommy.

She also named her father & his 5 siblings so I just had to confirm their dob's and mothers maiden name. The marriage was 1st quarter of 1913, and first child was born Xmas day 1913 in Holborn reg district.

I think I'll put this to bed for the moment, have a word and tell her she'll have to order the marriage cert, that way we'll have fathers names.

Thanks for all your help, much appreciated.

Sandra x

Comment

there is an Annie Fenwick living with parents on the 1901 census

http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...ki1901&indiv=1
                    Julie
                    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Working...
                    X