Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone fancy having a go at transcribing a short will?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone fancy having a go at transcribing a short will?

I have just been emailed a will for a William Dawson who died in 1810, I am having trouble reading it - can anyone help?

PM me you email address and i'll send it over
    Vikki -
    Researching Titchmarsh and Tushingham

PM on its way

Comment

Thanks Jill, Email sent
      Vikki -

Comment

Received, and how interesting! Looks like they had to call in experts in his handwriting - still working on it & will send my ideas back this afternoon, I've got a new "walking cast" on my leg & son's going to supervise a walk over to work so I can join them for coffee

Comment

Enjoy your coffee x
          Vikki -

Comment

send it me too! I want to see if the session I did on transcription at college works!
            Lisa

Comment

Vikki - is this one of your Lincolnshire Dawsons? Where did he live? I have transcribed the will of William Dawson of Threckingham who died in 1752.
              Elizabeth
              Research Interests:
              England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
              Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Originally posted by Elizabeth Herts View Post
                Vikki - is this one of your Lincolnshire Dawsons? Where did he live? I have transcribed the will of William Dawson
                of Threckingham who died in 1752.
                Hi Elizabeth, Long time no speak - Yes it is one of my Lincolnshire Dawsons, Well sort of - I think!!!!! He was born there but died in Stanmore, Middlesex in 1810
                Vikki -

Comment

I did one for someone on GR a while ago - shall I have a too?
                  Dorothy G

searching Gillett (Preston/Sheffield). Campbell and Hepburn in Glasgow

There's no such thing as a Free Lunch

Comment

*Waves to Vikki*

Vikki, is it done now? If you want a hand just yell! (Sorry I didn't reply last night - things a bit manic here as I'm trying to organise bridesmaids' dresses and do lots of internet searches.)
                    Elizabeth
                    Research Interests:
                    England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
                    Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

I set it to Vikki a couple of days ago, though there we a couple of words I couldn't quite get.

Lisajj if you want some practice I've got some of my own that I've done that you can have a go at, let me know

Comment

Jill, I'm glad you are keeping busy while you are laid up! (I hope everything is healing OK.) No more trips to the Probate Office for a while?
                        Elizabeth
                        Research Interests:

Comment

Still at home Elizabeth, though I'm more mobile now - I'm allowed back to work on Monday at school for light duties though no lollipop duty for at least a month. I don't expect to go to the probate office til Easter, but I've got an ENORMOUS list now!

Comment

Thanks for the replies - Jill has emailed it back and I have to say makes interesting reading - Watch the board for a whos Dorothy thread!!!!!
                            Vikki -

Comment

from what I can work out so far he seemed to have a lot of money for that time period!

Comment

Working...
                              X