Uploading photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uploading photos

Now, I often have this problem but havent mentioned it because it sounds so stupid. But when I say download a photo some sends me, I know its in my pictures or whatever with a name but I then go to say, ancestry tree and browse and it doesnt appear. Now why does that happen so often please.

Ive just upgraded Picasa because I wondered if its because Ive got into a state with about 3 different picture galleries/viewers on here but Ive got the same problem.

Ive been sent a photo of my GGFs old house in Bermondsey. I have downloaded it from the attachment and its defo in my Picasa thingy as I can see it. I go to Ancestry, click on the man I want to add it to, browse and it doesnt appear. What am I doing wrong please? This happens really quite often and Im sure there must be some simple reason for it.

I would add, I always end up getting it in the end but I dont know how. I just fumble about and eventually I get it to upload, but I want to know the correct and easy way of getting it first time.
    Last edited by Heather Positive Thinker; 18-01-10, 13:43.

You need to find which folder you have saved it in - e.g. My Docs, My pics, My downloads, Desktop etc.
    Picasa is not a folder as such - it is an index of the images on your computer.
    If you can see the image in Picasa then right click on it and there is an option to 'locate on disc' - if you select that it will tell you in which folder on your computer you have saved the image.
    Elaine

Comment

Oh thanks Elaine. I never follow yet in the end I manage to upload it by faffing around (a bit like me and PIN number cards in supermarkets, I still fumble every time.)

Comment

Heather,

I usually locate the image that I require to use and place it on my Desktop. I have always found this a very useful and quick way to identify what I am using.

Do not forget to delete it after use or you will not be able to see your desktop ever again.
        Margaret N
        DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Working...
        X