Well Pleased Ancestry renewal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well Pleased Ancestry renewal

I bought the 2010 FTM with 6 months free Essentials and upgraded to premium for a year cost ?? £41.69 thought that was excellent .
    Even with purchasing the Disc it only cost me £71.69 instead of £107.40

That sounds neat!

Is FTM Mac-compatible? That would colour my attitude a bit.

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Mmmmm! As I understand it, Tesco Deals are doing the 2010 FTM? I don't use FTM myself but it would almost be worth getting it 'free' with Deals, upgrading as you have, and then not using the disc!!

Anne

Comment

not sure Christine have a feeling not , but why dont you email them ?? they are helpful
        Anne its worth it as you save a lot of money

Comment

Originally posted by Christine in Herts View Post
          Is FTM Mac-compatible? That would colour my attitude a bit.
          Sorry - it's not Mac-compatible
          Elaine

Comment

Thanks, Elaine.

I suppose, though, that the deal works well even if you don't use the disk - as Anne remarks above.

Christine.
            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Dont use the "dark side" but if its a newish Mac thought you could use windows stuff via bootcamp or one of the other bits of software that allows windows stuff to be run on a Mac.
              Not sure if you have to have a Windows OS on the Mac to do it, but it can be done pretty sure of that

Comment

I did that Val, with the 2009 and just added on what I had left on my old sub to it, so Ive ended up with 1 year 3 months. Wonderful bargain on tesco isnt it.

Comment

I got mine from Amazon Heather we use them a lot fantastic value for money .
                  Even if you dont use the disc its worth it , although I have installed it not too sure I like it though seems not so straight forward.??

Comment

Originally posted by mikeg13 View Post
                    Dont use the "dark side" but if its a newish Mac thought you could use windows stuff via bootcamp or one of the other bits of software that allows windows stuff to be run on a Mac.
                    Not sure if you have to have a Windows OS on the Mac to do it, but it can be done pretty sure of that
                    That's a thought.

We certainly have Parallels on the laptop - tho' not on the old one which is prob the one OH would prefer me to be clogging up with FH stuff!

Christine

Comment

I use Family Historian on my Mac via Parallels, in fact we bought Parallels so that I could continue using FH as I couldn't find a mac program I liked as much,

Linda
                      LindaG

Comment

Originally posted by Heather Positive Thinker View Post
                        I did that Val, with the 2009 and just added on what I had left on my old sub to it, so Ive ended up with 1 year 3 months. Wonderful bargain on tesco isnt it.
                        Oh that's interesting. I'm a bit confused though, could someone explain something please. I paid my Ancestry subscription about October but I really miss some of the things that used to be on the basic package. If I bought FTM 2010 and got the 6 months free and upgraded, how long would I get in total please and how much of it would be at the upgrade i.e. 1 year at the upgrade and then 10 months at the basic As you can see I'm really confused.
                        Oops just realised what I said - I meant, would I get 6 months at the upgrade and then 9 months basic?
                        Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 18-01-10, 19:44.
                        Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Chrissie give them a ring on 0800 404 9723 they are very helpful

Comment

Thanks Val - will do that
                            Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Working...
                            X