death records in 1800 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• death records in 1800 ?

Good morning..I have the parish record online Burial of my 4 x g grandfather Ralph Oakes...it doesn`t give his age and it doesn`t give his wife and it doesn`t give where he was born...
    Ralph Oakes buried 13th February 1800 in St Oswalds church in Backford (4 miles outside Chester)
    it does have a KEYCODE...This is
    BACKBOO800210.20215 this is on Cheshire Parish Records Database...
    .does anybody know exactly WHAT IS IS IN these records info wise...
    .I would hate to think of going to the Records office and not finding anything other than what I can read online...anybody any idea please ????....allan
    Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
    oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
    adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
    merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
    coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Hi Allan, I have a couple of burial records from Derby 1812 and 1821 and both give the age and spouse
    Sylvia

Derbyshire :- Gough, Tomlinson, Fletcher, Shipley, Spencer, Calladine, Rogers, Kerry, Robotham
    Leicestershire:- Gough, Cooper, Underwood, Hearn, Inglehearn
    Staffordshire:- Robotham, Hickinbotham, Hill, Holmes

Comment

The amount of info given around that time is often down to the Parish Clerk and the effort he put in. I have come across records which give no info at all apart from the name and date and other records giving name age occupation etc. I even have one fora 62yr old woman and it gives her husband's name and occupation and also who her parents were. If only they were all like that!
      Emeltee

Comment

Allan

As that particular site has copious, nay, endless! footnotes, then I reckon there won't be any more on the original than what you have found on the transcription.

I take it you have drilled down through all the various permutations of buttons and read the notes and so on?

OC

Comment

Thank you all...sorry about the delay but my wife has been online organising all the dance fixtures for 2010.She runs Liverpool Liverbirds Morris Dance Troupe..
          OC..yes I have read ALL the notes but no info whatsoever...so I take it I would be wasting my time going to Chester ?....allan
          Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire

Comment

Might be worth asking whoever's the Chester RO volunteer (if there is one) to have a look when next they go there, just in case? Looks like it's not worth a special trip, unless the reconnoitre works out more successful than seems likely at the moment.

Christine
            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Originally posted by Christine in Herts View Post
              Might be worth asking whoever's the Chester RO volunteer (if there is one) to have a look when next they go there, just in case? Looks like it's not worth a special trip, unless the reconnoitre works out more successful than seems likely at the moment.

Christine
              Thanks Christine....we only live 40 mins away by car so the next time the boss wants to go there shopping I`ll pop in.....allan

Comment

Working...
              X